1941 Buick color example request

kgreen

(1) I'm asking for pictures of owners cars in red for 1941.

(2) I'm asking if any member of the BCA owns the car shown below.

In 1941 Buick offered three red colors, Titan Maroon, Permanent Red and Sienna Rust as shown on the following color chart:

gm_1941_buick_ppg_c_01.thumb.jpg.b263015bbdcff3edb7a56a56f7bf9b88.jpg

The color chip for Titan Maroon doesn't show very well.  Does anyone have a clearer picture with that color chip?

Which color does the following car display?

59667b6e8ee0b_1941-buick-roadmaster-76Crear.thumb.jpg.bd5209a8f0b8e62993eea9d42dd10127.jpg

Does this car belong to any of our members?

Edited by kgreen
spelling and carelessness of course (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I was going to give you a response similar to Keith's since he and I have compared photos of our '41's and they appear to be the same color.  Mine is an older repaint and the data plate is missing so I have no idea what the paint code is or whether it was the original color.  However, it matches the paint on the firewall, doorjambs, etc., so it looks like the original color.  I have posted a pic of my car.

However, looking around on Google I have also found reference to Royal Metallic Maroon, and that's what the color looks like to me in the photo you have posed.  Here's a link to an example:

http://www.remarkablecars.com/main/buick/buick-00044.html

Buick #1.jpg

• Like 2

Here's another example of a car listed as Royal Maroon that seems to have a bit of of metallic sheen to it, like the photo you have posted.  As Keith has pointed out in a different thread, it is very hard to tell anything from photos because the colors can look so different in photos than they actually are.

https://www.schmitt.com/inventory/ds-1941-buick-super-8-convertible-coupe/#photos_section

metallic.JPG

• Like 1

In case anyone is thinking of Royal Maroon as a color choice, I thought I would share this note that I found stuck on the windshield of my '41 yesterday when I came back to the parking lot after doing some grocery shopping.  This has got to be the strangest note I've ever gotten on a car!  I'm not sure what to make of it, I have to admit.

IMG_20170715_123932_140.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  I took a couple pictures at Nationals of two colors that I was considering; Verde Green and Sudan Blue.  The Verde Green pictures looked better as a picture but not to my liking in person.  The Sudan Blue looked great in person and had lost its' appeal in the picture.  I'm going to have to stand next to one one these beautiful cars to see the truth, huh?

This is Sudan BlueIMG_6057.thumb.JPG.72e825ea8278bb58c8b48e37026349d7.JPG

This is Verde Green

IMG_6060.thumb.JPG.722deceedf9787c44aac02d2f4f08952.JPG

19 hours ago, neil morse said:

In case anyone is thinking of Royal Maroon as a color choice, I thought I would share this note that I found stuck on the windshield of my '41 yesterday when I came back to the parking lot after doing some grocery shopping.  This has got to be the strangest note I've ever gotten on a car!  I'm not sure what to make of it, I have to admit.

IMG_20170715_123932_140.jpg

So is this person expecting you to run out and paint your car a different color, like, say, safety orange or something so they can see it better?

I also believe that other drivers not seeing me is their problem. If you cant see a 4000 pound Buick going down the road you need to put down your stupid phone.

1 hour ago, billorn said:

If you cant see a 4000 pound Buick going down the road you need to put down your stupid phone.

Haha -- I have to admit, that was exactly my reaction when I read the note!  Actually, that was my second reaction.  My first reaction was to think that it was a note from the driver of another car that had dinged my beautiful Buick in the parking lot, and that this was his/her way of explaining what happened, i.e., I hit your car, but it wasn't my fault because it was painted with that "invisible" paint!  But fortunately, I could detect no damage.

• Like 2

I have got more compliments about the colour on my car than any other I've had, so for me, Royal Maroon was the right colour for my car. On top of that, I really like it too.

Colour is such a personal choice though, you have to make the one that is right for you.

Keith

• Like 2