BST-36 carb questions

scott-s

I have a set of BST-36 carbs from a '96 GSX-750F. 

The throttle cable seems to have a little too much play in it, even when the slack is taken out. I'm used to seeing two lock nuts on the cable at the carb end. I tried slipping one over the end of the cable but it won't fit over the barrel. I also looked at the diagram and it only shows one nut. There is a place on the carb rack for the nut to be held captive. If I try to back out on the large adjuster nut at that end, then the cable is loose at the carbs. What am I missing here?

985665951_BST-36throttlecable.thumb.jpg.df3b630bb7a3c088c56e23ea69ce66e5.jpg

Also, where does the fuel line attach? There are four T fittings. The top two are obviously vents. At first, I thought that the fuel line went on the two lower Tee's, but the diagram shows them as open vents.

The diagram shows a line attaching to the RH side of the carbs. I see a barb there. That line has a TEE in it also and just seems to dead end on the diagram. How, exactly, do these carbs get fuel?

897742151_BST-36carbdiagram.thumb.gif.f109e2a1b4034d675538eaa681bcd868.gif

The lower tee's are the fuel supplies to the float bowls - the hoses are indicated on the tap drawing (doh - sensible place!) You have two supplies from tap or if tap has one outlet just run to another tee and split to two.

Does the carb cable mount have a thread in it or plain hole? If threaded then screw in cable adjuster and lock with single nut? Usually only double nut if a plain hole ie. one below and one above.

The carb cable mount is just a plain hole. There's a "cross bar" that the entire rack mounts to. On the underside of that rack is a countersunk hole in the shape of a nut. To hold the nut captive. To get the cable tight at the carbs, I had to screw the larger barrel type nut all the way in.

The throttle works OK, but I can roll it forward and the end of the sheathed cable will slip out of the holder at the handle bar end. It's **almost** adjusted correctly, but not quite.

Fuel tap only has one outlet, so I'll have to get a T. 

What are #16 and #21 in the diagram? Vacuum for the petcock? If so, I guess I need to find a nipple for the outside of #4 carb.

And while we're at it, how do you vacuum sync these carbs? I don't see a place to hook up gauges.