autocad 2010 really slow

igreere

Hello.

I am trying to work out a plan in Autocad and it goes so slowly. The slowest of all actions I do is always drawing a simple line. No other program is running on my laptop.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• igreere

• CADgirl

• mikekmx

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello.

I am trying to work out a plan in Autocad and it goes so slowly. The slowest of all actions I do is always drawing a simple line. No other program is running on my laptop.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

autocad will rinse your laptop like no other prog except perhaps video encoding and the like. unless you've got a high-end laptop with dedicated (not integrated in any way) vid card, don't bother.

if you must persist, check all the bells & whistles are enabled on your graphics. perhaps disable your wi-fi then shut down your anti-virus temporarily...just to see if it makes a difference.

What kind of file size are you dealing with?

Is this a 2D or 3D drawing?

Does the problem only occur with this one drawing or any drawing you work on even a new, relatively simple drawing?

Are xrefs being used?

What are the complete specs for your laptop?

AutoCAD 2010? Are all service packs installed?

We're going to need some detailed information in order to troubleshoot the problem.

Hello.

Thank you for the answers. This is a 2D drawing.The file is 156 kb. The issue persists even with a brand new file. No, I use no Xrefs. I am not sure about the service packs update. I entered here http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?linkID=9240618&id=2334435&siteID=123112#section5, but I don;t know to proceed.

The video card is the following:

video card.jpg

How much RAM is installed?

What is the manufacturer's name and model number for your laptop?

What OS are you running?

What other programs are running in the background while you are using AutoCAD? Ex. - anti-virus, browser, MS Office, etc.

Did you attempt to temporarily disable your anti-virus program to see if it made a difference in your system's performance?

Do you have hardware acceleration enabled?

If you force us to repeat our questions it's going to take twice as long to resolve the problem. Please help us to help you by fully answering all questions.

Hello.

I have a HP ProBook 4740s with product no H4R00ES#ABB, on which I use Windows 8.1 64-bits. I have 6 GB of RAM installed, of which 5.88 are declared usable. Parallel to autocad I run the antivirus and the Google chrome browser. I can't say if hardware acceleration is enabled, since in Display > advanced settings I have no Troubleshooting tab. I have a monitor connected to my laptop, so I can get double screen working area.

Re: hardware acceleration. Check 3Dconfig > manual tune.

Win8.1? Is 2010 even supported on that platform? And why are you using 2010 if your Profile says 2012?

It appears we are making some progress finally. Next up is your drawing file.

Do you use any of the following commands?

Overkill

-Purge

Audit

Well Overkill reported back 45 overlapping objects for starters. Purging Regapps followed by a Purge > All wouldn't hurt (use the command line version -purge). Audit found no errors (good).

Unless there is something on the list (ex. - layer: PERETI_HASURA) that you wish to retain all you are really doing is deleting unused objects (says so right below the command -PURGE). Your drawing is not going to be corrupted by purging it. Purging is one way to reduce file size and is commonly done by many users.