JVC HA-FX1X Xtreme Xplosive Impressions
May 3, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #151 of 359
Quote:
Anyone here try the new JVC HA-FX101? It is only around $15. I am surprised how good the $8 JVC Riptidz sounds for the price. I can't get the HA-FX1X to seal properly for me. I guess the problem is its size and shape.

Think I am going to pick up a pair soon. WIll let you know when they get here.

May 4, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #152 of 359
heyy, I see you own M6 and XX, I am now considering getting one of these. So I was just wondering which one you think is better in terms of good sound quality and STURDY DX (I am very rough on earphones)
Thank you!

May 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #154 of 359
May 9, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #155 of 359
Just picked up a pair of the og model at B&H for $24 and so far I'm pretty damn impressed. Out the box they're a little loose but far from garbage pre-burn-in. Just a few hours in now and they're already calming down and evening out. I should state that I basically listen to rap exclusively, so I really only care about bass and vocals, and FX1X are delivering on that front. Highs are a little tinny with some sibilance depending on the mp3 quality, but that's already calming down after a few hours of play. 

I picked these up as cheaper inbetween iem's after I broke my Hippo VBs, but these are sounding pretty close (I was using the bassiest of ports and threw the others away) to the VBs. They have similar bass extension but I think the VBs had a little more punch to them (that might just be because of burn-in though).

Anyway, I was planning on ordering another set of VBs but I was curious to see if anyone else out there has the FX1X and the Hippo VBs and what they thought about the differences in the two? Also curious about the VB versus the SP51, and if yall bassheads had a preference? I also see there's lots of love for the CKS77 in this thread, how do those stack up to the VB or SP51? Better? 

Basically just trying to see if it's worth it to go back up to a ~$100 bass iem or if I should just stick with the FX1X?

Oh, anyone have the new version with the smaller driver and range? Any obvious differences to the FX1X? I use an iPhone 4 so the mic control is nice but not worth sacrificing any of those booms.

thanks.

May 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #159 of 359
Just got the new JVC HAFX101. Guys. it is time to upgrade your HAFX1X.. You guys can read up on these on my thread. here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-the-jvc-ha-fx40-page-83-jvc-ha-fx101-page-96/1425#post_8395797

May 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #160 of 359
Quote:
Just got the new JVC HAFX101. Guys. it is time to upgrade your HAFX1X.. You guys can read up on these on my thread. here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-the-jvc-ha-fx40-page-83-jvc-ha-fx101-page-96/1425#post_8395797

Of course, just a week after giving in and picking up the FX1X, ha. I'm excited to hear the new version after reading your review of them though.

May 23, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #161 of 359
I just got the HA-FX1X (got it over the FX101 because I wanted to buy straight from Amazon) and it seems to have an excessive amount of hissing coming from both my E7 and my Sansa Clip Zip. My custom TF10's don't have any hissing problems from either source, so I was wondering if burn in would potentially help get rid of the hissing?

The packaging was a nightmare to get through so I destroyed that trying to get the headphones out, so I don't know if returning is an option now...

May 31, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #163 of 359
I have both and I can tell you the new FX101 represent a leap in sound quality over the older FX1X. Unless you want more mid bass punch darker mids and spiky highs of the FX1X. The FX101 sounds nothing like the cheap but fun FX1X. These are so much cleaner more balanced clearly better sound quality and has great dynamic bass presence and sub bass extension..I would be telling you a lie if I said the FX1X was worth getting over the new JVCs. There is no comparison in sound quality at all. Not in the same sound level.

Jun 28, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #165 of 359
I got a JVC HAFX101 but it has that cheap headphone hiss when connected to my Xonar DG. It gets drowned when music is playing but I was not expecting the hiss from this headphone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back