Sony MDR-EX600: Impressions Thread
Aug 2, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #617 of 1,311
treble is indeed great on these. but thats from someone who has only heard the cx500 and IE8 prior. i do hear a little sibilance on some songs. acoustic and vocal tracks mostly, or songs with vocal parts only.

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #618 of 1,311
Oh my Zo!!! Now that I have a loaner EX1000 for a little while, I must admit it has better sound quality than it's little brother, but the world is topsy turvy. I mean I actually enjoy listening to the EX600 over the EX1000. I don't know, sometimes something can be too pretty or too good that it doesn't seem real to you. This is kind of how I felt about the SM2 vs it's big brother, the SM3. I liked the SM2 much better, and I'm not I feel I'm gravitating to the EX600. And with it connected to the Zo, there is no stopping its greatness, but still for in-house use only. 

And yes, the GR07 is still blowing my mind. I really can't easily pick which one is better, although the GR07 is my favorite all-arounder right now. But this EX600... wow!!

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #619 of 1,311

Quote:
Oh my Zo!!! Now that I have a loaner EX1000 for a little while, I must admit it has better sound quality than it's little brother, but the world is topsy turvy. I mean I actually enjoy listening to the EX600 over the EX1000. I don't know, sometimes something can be too pretty or too good that it doesn't seem real to you. This is kind of how I felt about the SM2 vs it's big brother, the SM3. I liked the SM2 much better, and I'm not I feel I'm gravitating to the EX600. And with it connected to the Zo, there is no stopping its greatness, but still for in-house use only. 

And yes, the GR07 is still blowing my mind. I really can't easily pick which one is better, although the GR07 is my favorite all-arounder right now. But this EX600... wow!!

very interesting.  i have hte 600 and i just got an ie8 + twag cable.   i havent a/b'd a ton but the 600s are very polite sounding.  they dont do anything bad but with the twag'd ie8 i find myself enjoying the music more given the genres might be different for each.  i think with classical i might enjoy the 600 nmore but with rnb, hiphop, jazz, etc im finding (preliminary results) that i like the full sound of the ie8 twag.  i havent decided whether i will return one or the other yet... but really for me, i dont see myself using multiple iems. 

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #620 of 1,311

But once you hear the 600 with the Zo, it's a whole new beast!!
Quote:

very interesting.  i have hte 600 and i just got an ie8 + twag cable.   i havent a/b'd a ton but the 600s are very polite sounding.  they dont do anything bad but with the twag'd ie8 i find myself enjoying the music more given the genres might be different for each.  i think with classical i might enjoy the 600 nmore but with rnb, hiphop, jazz, etc im finding (preliminary results) that i like the full sound of the ie8 twag.  i havent decided whether i will return one or the other yet... but really for me, i dont see myself using multiple iems. 

Aug 3, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #623 of 1,311
So you're liking your EX600 better than your EX1000..?

If I bought the EX1000 I'd be biased and say it sounds 10% better than the EX600, perhaps, but like I wrote earlier if they were called the EX1 and EX2 and both cost $250 I think some people would like the EX2 better, from what I heard.

I'm surprised you're supporting the EX600 though.  As a Jazz lover, I thought you'd prefer the EX1000 sound, at least that was how I heard them, then again I don't know much about Jazz.  I just found the EX600 more foot-tapping and the EX1k more "ahh nice".

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #624 of 1,311

Quote:
lol... if you were a salesperson, that line would make anyone wonder.  when "audiophiles" wonder.. it usually means a purchase.  ahhhh!!!!!!

lol...too bad no one seems motivated to give me anything for my opinions at caracara08. Oh well, for the love of the hobby!! lol

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #625 of 1,311
Aug 3, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #626 of 1,311

Quote:
So you're liking your EX600 better than your EX1000..?

If I bought the EX1000 I'd be biased and say it sounds 10% better than the EX600, perhaps, but like I wrote earlier if they were called the EX1 and EX2 and both cost $250 I think some people would like the EX2 better, from what I heard.

I'm surprised you're supporting the EX600 though.  As a Jazz lover, I thought you'd prefer the EX1000 sound, at least that was how I heard them, then again I don't know much about Jazz.  I just found the EX600 more foot-tapping and the EX1k more "ahh nice".

Well there are various sub-genres in jazz music @ kiteki. If you are listening to the Modern Jazz Quartet, you my might prefer the music more refined. But if you are listening to some Ornette Coleman or the astral traveling musings of John Coltrane later work, you might long for a less refined sound in your earphone/headphone source. you want to hear the music with more edge to it. I think the EX600 brings a bit more more edge.

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #628 of 1,311
Aug 3, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #629 of 1,311

Coltrane's Interstellar Space has never sounded better.

Quote:
Well there are various sub-genres in jazz music @ kiteki. If you are listening to the Modern Jazz Quartet, you my might prefer the music more refined. But if you are listening to some Ornette Coleman or the astral traveling musings of John Coltrane later work, you might long for a less refined sound in your earphone/headphone source. you want to hear the music with more edge to it. I think the EX600 brings a bit more more edge.

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #630 of 1,311

Quote:
Oh my Zo!!! Now that I have a loaner EX1000 for a little while, I must admit it has better sound quality than it's little brother, but the world is topsy turvy. I mean I actually enjoy listening to the EX600 over the EX1000. I don't know, sometimes something can be too pretty or too good that it doesn't seem real to you. This is kind of how I felt about the SM2 vs it's big brother, the SM3. I liked the SM2 much better, and I'm not I feel I'm gravitating to the EX600.

~~~~~~And with it connected to the Zo, there is no stopping its greatness, but still for in-house use only.~~~~~~~ 

I couldn't agree more, and x2

well I don't own the EX1000's, but to me the 600's sound like a cross between the TF10's and the RE262's, fun and engaging bass like the TF10's, but with the clearity and detail, and mids of the 262's 
gs1000.gif
!!! the best of both worlds! and then throw in a ZO or two, well a Voyager!!

KA-ZOWIES batcan! I believe we have an audio caper afoot
ph34r.gif
!! who is this ZO, and what could his dasterdly plans be batcan! could it be audio domination!! stay tuned next week for the final conclusion of "ZO vs. Hi-Fi!!" in a duel to the deaf, as they battle it out for audio supremacy!! lol, 

and in the end I bet they get married and live happily ever after!! creating heavenly tunes forever and ever, and have lots of little ZO versions to carry on with the lagacy
wink_face.gif
!! well it could happen 
blink.gif
, in some alternate universe, or sumptin like dat! lol  

One day there was a TF10 and she met a 262, and they got married and had a baby, and called him EX600! and he had a bestest of friend named ZO! lol, what, it might have happened that way, lol  

alright, alright already than! but whatever the story was or wasn't, the combo of the two is pretty awesome sounding regardless. OutKast "I love the way you moove!!" as I'm listening to it right now! couldn't sing it better,

A combo for all seasonings!!!!!!!!!!!
                  ~~~~~
basshead.gif
tongue_smile.gif
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif
ksc75smile.gif
blink.gif
popcorn.gif
o2smile.gif

eek.gif