Truthear Zero: Red ~$48
KZ x HBB PR2 ~ $29
KZ Castor , Bass edition $15 best KZ yet better than Standard version

Sep 21, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #86,508 of 101,470
Seems the Timeless 2 has tuning nozzles:

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

https://www.linsoul.com/products/7hz-timeless-ii
Interesting, as long as the tuning nozzles are not of the non-functioning Kato variant but the noticeably different Nice HCK variant this could be good.
Don't like the faceplate though, prefer the old "LP" style one and would have liked to see something like the modded silver version someone made by stripping off the paint. Anything other than carbonfiber weave which I've never seen looking good on any IEM. Maybe some of the concept drawings from way back could have been a good option to stand out in a good way.

Shame it still comes with the MMCX connector, I hoped that it would use some variant of the 2 pin connector like the Timeless AE. MMCX is the worst type of connector that's out there in my opinion... but that probably still won't prevent me from getting one as I love the original. Just hope they offer a 4.4 version of the cable as a Planar IEM/Headphone needs to be driven balanced, not for the power but for the improvements it makes to the sound. From my own experience with planars I've noticed that they benefit a lot from being driven balanced.

Sep 21, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #86,509 of 101,470
Another Tangzu incoming, the model NEZHA.

Introducing our first resin in ear monitors from the Myth Series - NEZHA , a 6BA + 1PZT setup supports custom fit and universal. The Nezha is also the first project that includes both version of our Tang sancai as well as our own earphone case. The Nezha will be available shortly in October and stat tuned for more about it !

FB_IMG_1695307101896.jpg

Sep 21, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #86,510 of 101,470
Another Tangzu incoming, the model NEZHA.

Introducing our first resin in ear monitors from the Myth Series - NEZHA , a 6BA + 1PZT setup supports custom fit and universal. The Nezha is also the first project that includes both version of our Tang sancai as well as our own earphone case. The Nezha will be available shortly in October and stat tuned for more about it !

FB_IMG_1695307101896.jpg
Pretty interesting config and finally they are not calling it ZHANE instead of NEZHA.

Sep 21, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #86,511 of 101,470
What amuses me personally is that some who believe that EQ should never be used are readily purchasing exotic cables and tips in the hope of customizing through trial and error the sound without trying the much cheaper and flexible EQ… if nothing else to at least see if their IEM or headphone can be made to sound like they want it before they start out on an expensive cable and tip rolling journey…. But, I am sure my position on this amuses others as well, so mine really is only a single opinion.
This is also hilarious to me and well said lol... I did mess with EQ a bit on my HD660S and while I did feel it benefit the sound in some ways, I have a variety of devices I use and it all just seemed like a massive headache. What did I buy THIS headphone for if I don't like how it sounds enough to where I feel the need to tinker with the sound?

Sep 21, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #86,512 of 101,470
Sep 21, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #86,514 of 101,470
Found this on Facebook from Gizaudio:

The time is near for this bad boy's release...

Graph is available now on squig
https://timmyv.squig.link/?share=BN3

For those going to Canjam Socal, a sample will be available there for demoing :)

Thanks for the support throughout the years! Can't wait for you guys to try these :)

- Timmy Vangtan

Looks like a less shouty Moondrop Variations FR wise.

Edit: Someone already pointed this out lol, didn't see the FR comparisons.

Will this be a flagship?

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #86,515 of 101,470
Can somebody create a product page for the KZ Castor? I am almost ready to post my review of the Harman version. Thanks.

Sep 21, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #86,516 of 101,470
iFi GO Pod
Impressive quality in the sound to be wireless, though some big IEMs you need to take off tips when storing them in the case.
Also I did find comfort quite good, just had them on loan to try. Still think I rather use wire and something like BTR7, but I can see the use case of this instead.

Sep 21, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #86,517 of 101,470
What amuses me personally is that some who believe that EQ should never be used are readily purchasing exotic cables and tips in the hope of customizing through trial and error the sound without trying the much cheaper and flexible EQ… if nothing else to at least see if their IEM or headphone can be made to sound like they want it before they start out on an expensive cable and tip rolling journey…. But, I am sure my position on this amuses others as well, so mine really is only a single opinion.
Well said and hilarious at the same time. Really cracks me up.

To top it all, when the recording in the studio is mixed, well, let's see, the sound engineer is mixing and eq'ing until whoever pays for the production & the artist are happy enough to release that album, right?

To me, give me just four rotary knobs:
1. Volume
2. Bass
3. Mids
4. Treble

I don't need 32 TINY sliders on a 5 inch screen, I just need to enhance a bit here and there because my ears are different from those chaps in the studio.

OK, call me old school then, I don't mind. :ksc75smile:

Cheers.

Sep 21, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #86,520 of 101,470
From Google translate:
"The MAESTRAUDIO first model "MA910S" has been incorporated into the head transmission function to the design, and is equipped with an original passive ceramic tweeter RST, aiming to realize a wide sound of the natural and sound stage.And many users have been well received as a high -performance IEM that is not tired.However, at the same time, many users who pursued more personality sounds received requests for the recable model.Therefore, while maintaining the MA910S class of the highest level of class, we repeated research and prototypes with the reduction of contact resistance due to the recable and the acquisition of more information volume.We succeeded in developing "MA910SR", which is a cable compatible and a model that symbolizes the brand."

"Various verification was conducted at various connectors for recable support."MA910SR" has adopted a Pentaconn EAR connector with a reputation for low contact resistance to the recable connector.The connector not only has a stable mechanical reliability at the time of attaching and detaching, but also can reduce its contact resistance to 1/10 or less compared to MMCX, a common recable connector.。Reducing contact resistance is an important design requirement for recruiting contact resistance in various sound quality.In the MA910SR, the cable has been finished in an IEM that can enjoy changes in sound and quality of upstream, such as audio players and music sources."

"In the development of Maestraudio IEM, the characteristics of various members that make up IEM are important parameters.In particular, the selection of components of the housing is finely analyzed using FEM (Finish Element Law).The sound emitted from the back of the dynamic driver directly collides with the face plate on the back and causes a small vibration.I focused on the fact that this vibration was transmitted to the entire housing faster, so that a lot of information could be obtained.Therefore, the MA910SR adopted a "aluminum face plate" with a hairline in the face plate part of the housing.As a result, the MA910SR has an overwhelming amount of sound information transmitted from the face plate in the MA910SR compared to the resin face plate.As a result, the MA910SR succeeded in realizing the sound of the sound stage, but also a higher amount of information and a high resolution sound."

"The MA910S series is equipped with a newly developed graphene coat dynamic driver developed and tuned exclusively for Maestraudio brand products.In tuning, we focused on the head transmission function, and optimized the frequency characteristics suitable for the listener to feel real.By combining the passive -type ceramic coat tweeter described below, the distortion is infinitely small from the low range to the high range, and it is realized to play naturally.At the same time, by installing "HDSS" ( *), a high -performance sound correction device, we won a wide sound stage that was difficult to realize with a small resin housing.The MA910S series is a universal IEM that is suitable for spatial recognition and expression such as e -sports and movie appreciation, while playing a comfortable listening type sound regardless of genre.* HDSS is a patent technology of TBI Audio Systems LLC."

"Ceramic sound technology by piezoelectric ceramics cultivated by Maestraudio.The MA910S series is equipped with a passive ceramic coat tweeter developed by a new idea, "RST" (Reactive Sympathetic Tweeter).The Vertical Support Tweeter, a laminated piezoelectric ceramic tweeter (Vertical Support Tweeter), which can be said to be a core technology in ceramic audio technology, requires a coaxing of units because the treble of 20 kHz has a very high straightness.In the development of the MA910S series, a ceramic tweeter that efficiently transmitted high notes forward even if they come off from the coaxial is used for universal IEM housing is required.The "RST" that was born with split vibration such as cymbals and music boxes.The principle is that the dynamic driver irradiates the diaphragm by irradiating the dynamic driver.In this product, a diaphragm made of red copper, which is often used in wind instruments, has been applied to the surface with a unique ceramic coat on its surface to obtain a high -grain high notes.A new idea passive ceramic coat tweeter that allows you to control sound quality by the dimensions, materials, and support methods of the diaphragm."

"The cable is a silver coat OFC and OFC hybrid cable to improve the sense of separation of sound and achieve an excellent sense of localization.Pentaconn EAR is adopted as a connector, and the "protrusion on the right connector" makes it easier to distinguish left and right even in the dark.In addition, the earpiece has 4 sizes (S/MS/M/L), an original earpiece, an original earpiece that realizes an excellent fitting that is less burdensome even for long -term use by slightly reducing the softness of silicone rubber.Standard attached.In addition, it is a fulfilling accessories such as genuine leather chord reels and carrying pouches."

"MAESTRAUDIO is particular about all products made in Japan, incorporating Japanese "Takumi" at a high level of quality, such as molding technology by Gunma's masterpiece and surface processing by Tsubame Sanjo factor.All are assembled in Japan and provided high quality."

Looks to be available in Japan for 19,800 円 (Japanese Yen) = ~ $135.00 (USD) as of 2023-09-21.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back