Galaxy 670 4gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello and Help!!!! im sinking lol,

First off i hope im not starting a post that has been started already. That being said direct me to the post that would help me.

I have been searching the forum for about 5 days and read about every post i can find with the GA-Q77M-D2H motherboard for bios settings and multi beast settings. I have also reinstalled about 6 times with no progress past the initial boot.

Things i have done:
Successfully installed ML 10.8.2
Connected to the internet
DLed the newest multibeast on the hack
Ran and installed Multibeast on successfully applied changes via multibeast to the computer.

Things that go wrong:

1.after applying settings to the hack i close all windows and shut down the computer
2.power on the computer
3.boot screen loads
4.apple screen comes up
5. loading circle below apple symbol appears
6. stops, disappears, screen goes black for like a milisecond
7. grey/white screen appears and nothing happens (Let it set over night to make sure it wasnt loading slow)

8. reinstall with new multibeast settings and repeat the process

i have used different combos of multi-beast configs that other ga-q77m-d2h builds use. such as
MultiBeast Config...
UsedMulti Beast Mountain Lion 5.0.2
UserDSDT or DSDT free installation
Drivers
Audio- Realtek ALC8XX - Without DSDT - ALC887
Network- hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet
Misc- Null CPU
System- CPU Power management option

from this link:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/70842-success-core-i5-3570k-ga-q77m-d2h-16gb-ram-dual-boot-mountain-lion-10-8-1-win7.html

I think i am missing something somewhere

my system includes
GA-Q77M-D2H
i7 3770k
32 gig g-skill ram
GTX 670 4gb

im typing this from the mac but i know if i shut this down its not giong to boot on its own.

I have read lots of posts, which it kind of daunting, and found nothing that i have been able to narrow down my list of things that could go wrong. as far as i can tell i have done every thing like i should as ppl with very similar systems have done.

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_1110.jpg
    IMG_1110.jpg
    999.4 KB · Views: 479
[SUCCESS]GA-Q77M-D2H with multi-beast 5.2.1 and ML 10.8.2 Boot issues

Well if i do nothing with multibeast it looks like i can boot from usb boot loader.

I finally found some settings that worked for multibeast

UserDSDT or DSDT - Free Installation
Drivers-Audio-Realtek ALC8xx-W/O DSDT-ALC887/888b-V100302 Current
Drivers-Disk-Trim Enabler-18.8.1+ Trim Patch
Graphics-Nvidia Fermi->2gb OpenCL Patch AND OpenCL Patch
Miscellaneous-Fake SMC plugins
Network- INTEL - HNAK's Appelintel
Customization-Boot Options-GraphicsEnabler=NO
Themes-Tonymacx86

well it worked once so hopefully it will work again
I might need to install the usb 3.0 drivers but not sure

Thanks everyone for the help!

Ayy bro, I'm having the exact same problem with mine. I have tried multiple plugs with multibeast and still nothing. If I do absolutely nothing with multibeast I can just continue to boot from the usb, with all my previous settings saved; however, I can't boot AT ALL without this usb in my computer.

I tried the inputs you posted here on multibeast and nothing. I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong.
I don't have multibeast on the thumb drive- that it?
Bios settings wrong?
Do I need chimera or chameleon?
Am I pressing on the keyboard too hard?

Anyway, hope I can get a response! - Appreciate it

Ayy bro, I'm having the exact same problem with mine. I have tried multiple plugs with multibeast and still nothing. If I do absolutely nothing with multibeast I can just continue to boot from the usb, with all my previous settings saved; however, I can't boot AT ALL without this usb in my computer.

I tried the inputs you posted here on multibeast and nothing. I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong.
I don't have multibeast on the thumb drive- that it?
Bios settings wrong?
Do I need chimera or chameleon?
Am I pressing on the keyboard too hard?

Anyway, hope I can get a response! - Appreciate it

Kingtone3,

You need to fill out your hardware details to give the rest of us a chance to help. I only know your motherboard! Hover your mouse over your name and select 'settings' - it gives the rest of us a fighting chance :thumbup:

The search facility is handy, I found this guide which is recent and uses the same motherboard :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...gabyte-ga-q77m-d2h-2tb-drive-all-working.html

Adrian B

OH, my bad bro.
Well you know my motherboard.

Graphics card - geforce gtx 650
Proc - intel core i5 ivy bridge 3
Ram - corsair vengence lp 16 gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back