1991 1.9 TGD Met. Grey Estate For Sale (Gumtree/C&C)

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
RxBX
Over 2k

1991 1.9 TGD Met. Grey Estate For Sale (Gumtree/C&C)

Post by RxBX »

As title listing J31 ONH spotted for sale on GUMTREE and CAR & CLASSICnice Alloy's fitted too, if they need a 'refurb' I know 'A man' in Newark who can make them look like new :lol:

Seller wrote:
Model Bx19 Tgd Diesel
Make Citroen
Year 1992
Mileage 153,000 miles
Seller type Private
Body type Estate
Fuel type Diesel
Transmission Manual
Colour Grey
Engine size 1,905 cc

citroen bx 1992 J reg 1.9 TGD 5dr est 153.000 miles on the clock in met grey moted till the 10th may 2013 and taxed 28th of feb 2013 i took owner ship of these car 08-10-2011 and since i owned it i have spent a lot of time and money on it to keep it on the rd i am now selling because i got a another bx that i am trying to save from the scrapman here is the list of things done to the car since i owned it and got all the paperwork to prove what i have had done to it in the time i had it
25-10-12 hand primer-17-10-12 adjust gear linkage
04-09-12 repair drivers door hinge-26-07-12 fit 2nd starter
03-08-12 fit front brake disc and front and back brake pads
08-05-12 new fuel filter-25-04-12 brake caliper
02-02-12 air filter fuel filter oil filter car oil 15w4
19-10-11 automotive belt-12-10-11 glow plugs
i got two old mots for the car the owner before me got it on the 05-06-2011 and i got sheet of paper work from the keeper before him dated the 03-05-2011 the car has pas c/locking e/windows on the front and winders in the back it has been to london and brighton and leicester these cars are getting very hard to find now and more so for these est cars now there are a few small dents and scares on it and the pant work is not the best but its a 20 year old car there is no rust in the car and it does have tow bar but i never used it as i never had a reason to it has alloy wheels with 5 good tyres it has tape player and it is very tidy in side the car £500 ono .
Tel:- gary on 07403939673

IIRC this one was FS a while back possibly on e-bay as i can remember the weird sticker on the LHS of the tailgate and the badge on the lower RHS !

:)

Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: 1991 1.9 TGD Met. Grey Estate For Sale (Gumtree/C&C)

Post by Tim Leech »

Another tatty looking one...
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Tim Leech wrote:Another tatty looking one...
Well it is 'An-Estate' :lol:

But this week does seem to be the week for folk disposing of ^^bx> Estates !

Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Re: 1991 1.9 TGD Met. Grey Estate For Sale (Gumtree)

Post by Paul296 »

RxBX wrote:nice Alloy's fitted too, if they need a 'refurb' I know 'A man' in Newark who can make them look like new :lol:

Can I just ask, why is the word 'man' in quotation marks as if it were somehow open to question whether I was 'a man' or not!? :D Anyway, they're getting common as muck those alloys :D.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Same guy I bought my TZD from. It will be tatty, have been smoked in, the interior will be covered with dog hair, and it will have been hammered, because he has no money and actually doesn't know all that much about BXs. He also changes his cars about every five minutes because he can't afford to look after them.

Caveat emptor - I was reasonably lucky with mine, but the advert was not entirely accurate (lack of knowledge rather than being deliberately untruthful).
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I was just thinking how good it looked :oops:
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

citsncycles wrote:
I was just thinking how good it looked :oops:
Yeah, as the star of the 'Mike Sims, You too can learn how to weld like a pro' DVD

(Available in all good bookshops, order now for Christmas)
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Whose car was it at the CXM rally that looked like that? Was it the man from Newark? :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Kitch wrote:Whose car was it at the CXM rally that looked like that? Was it the man from Newark? :lol:
Oi, take that back! Mine only look like that underneath - they're fabulous on top! :shock:
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Paul296 wrote:
Kitch wrote:Whose car was it at the CXM rally that looked like that? Was it the man from Newark? :lol:
Oi, take that back! Mine only look like that undrneath - they're fabulous on top! :shock:
Ha! Sorry I worded that wrong! I meant they look good - I have a set I want to get refurbed.....how did you do it?
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Kitch wrote: ...how did you do it?
Put the kettle on and pull up a chair . . . this might take some time! (although they're not on the car yet so they weren't at the CXM - infact I wasn't at the CXM! :( )

There's some stuff on my blog (to cut a long story short) . . .

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 3&start=45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The originals were diamond cut and lacquered so with heavily pitted wheels that wasn't a refurb option - I painted mine. I had them blasted back to bare metal first then filled (with P38) and sanded for what seemed like forever until they were as perfect as could reasonably get them. They were primed with etch primer (so the paint would stick) and then painted. I had to keep rubbing back the paint layer then repainting in order to get a good finish as 'silver' is very tricky to get right.

Most of the black bits were painted by hand with a sign writers rigger (it was easier than masking curves) while the middle was masked off and painted with matt black paint (it's much easier to get a high gloss from lacquer if the paint layer is matt). Once they were painted they had two coats of 2k lacquer and then polished (which took forever as polishing 2k is like polishing rock - particularly if the surface is only rattle-can smooth - which this was).

They're not perfect but you do have to search out the faults (I know where they are!). If you have a decent workshop/ compressor etc. you could get a set factory fresh - and with less effort!