Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2001 Silverado Price

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2024, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Silverado Price

Hi everyone,

I have a 2001 single cab short bed Silverado that I'm thinking of selling. I need help pricing as I'm not sure what the market looks like and I don't want to overprice. The truck is white with all windows tinted and nice cosmetic touches that includes a folding bed cover.

Now for the list of fun bits that should help you guys understand why I need help pricing:
  • 5.3 V8 conversion
  • Twin Turbo Kit @ 8psi and intercooler
  • HP Tuner Controlled with boost readings
  • Dual AEM widebands and AEM boost gauge mounted in a 3-guage pillar mount
  • Center seat from a 2011 Silverado with under seat storage
  • 10 inch sub
  • Electric window conversion
  • Electric lock conversion
  • Fully built 4L60E with ported valve body and stronger internals
  • Tru-Cool Max 40k Transmission Cooler
  • Taylor 10.4mm plug wires
  • 1 stage cooler plugs
  • Hays Twister 3/4 Race Torque Converter; 2400-2800 RPM Stall
  • 4/6 drop
  • Color matched roll pan
  • Rear: Weld - S156 17x10 Ventura with Nitto NT555 275/50r17
  • Front: Weld - S156 17x7 Ventura with Nitto NT421Q 235/60r17
I'm sure I'm missing a few things, but any pricing help would be great. If anyone is interested as well, let me know. I'll try to get some pictures, but the weather isn't the best in my area at the moment.

Old January 11th, 2024, 4:29 PM
CF Monarch

Received 345 Likes on 326 Posts

Welcome from Florida. You need to check the going prices in your area as they do vary across the country. You can check BBB, Craigslist, Marketplace and local ads.
The following users liked this post:
mountainmanjoe (January 11th, 2024)
Old January 11th, 2024, 4:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldchevy
Welcome from Florida. You need to check the going prices in your area as they do vary across the country. You can check BBB, Craigslist, Marketplace and local ads.
That's the hard part and why I'm looking to sell, the truck isn't very functional on the Oregon Coast. My other vehicles are a 4Runner, Land Cruiser, and Wrangler which are all functional where I live. There aren't many single cab short bed Silverado's for sale around and when they do pop up, they are going for $10k-15k. They aren't nearly as built as mine either, more clean stock trucks.
Old January 11th, 2024, 4:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 623 Likes on 564 Posts

that's the problem with mods. Most people don't want them. Realistically, you're not going to get much more than the stock trucks, unless you find a fanatic who's just really into your particular truck.
The following users liked this post:
sk47 (January 11th, 2024)
Old January 11th, 2024, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello; mountainmanjoe said what I am thinking. The mods may be done well and everything in good shape, but you will need a very specific buyer. That said the prices for pickups is too high for my taste in my area. Really high mileage trucks have a high asking price in my view. You do not mention miles on the truck. You are too far away for my area prices to be of comparison value. Do you have a build sheet with all the mods listed by manufacturer? Is the tuner still in business?
Good luck anyway.
Old January 22nd, 2024, 7:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Realistic...

Hi Marq!

I am from the Oregon Coast as well! I have been living here since the late 80's. I am not sure where you are but we are down here on the south coast. I sold my last pickup in early 2023 right off the side of highway 101, in a grocery store parking lot. I had it out there with great documentation taped to the windows and a very fair price and had half a dozen calls within the first eight hours. I didn't get nearly as much for it as I thought I might, but I did time it right around tax return time and that helped.

I can tell you that, recently, I have seen truck prices here are down at least 20% this year compared to the height of the market a couple years ago. During the depth of the pandemic the truck prices were not only outrageous, they were truly absolutely insane. I would stop to look at a truck on the side of the road and just be blown away to see near factory purchase prices on pickups 20 years old, with the wear and scars to boot. Amazing.

Your truck sounds almost like a show piece to me. Clearly, you have loved it and worked hard to keep it in good shape. You likely already know most pickup owners out here really do use them for work in some regard. If your truck is well suited to getting dirty, hunting our teeny-tiny bucks, being bashed for the sake of the job site or sitting for hours on a river bar catching one of the very few salmon still around, there will be a market for your truck here. I'd expect more buyers the more your pickup fits these roles here. But, if it is a beauty - a real jewel - why not go around to car shows and just throw a for sale sign in the window in the parking lot, or something like that? Run over to Medford, Eugene, Salem or outside of Portland somewhere when you know there is a show going on? Hey, it's free to try!

Take good care wherever you are and keep your powder dry now.

Jason