Neptune blue bay - what colour white for the roof?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giraffeinbath

Reaction score
I'd like a white that doesn't look too stark against the neptune blue. I was thinking maybe vw pastel white but this may be a little bit too yellowy. I've found pics with lotus white and cloud white on here but to be honest on a laptop screen white is white and it's hard to tell the difference between them.

I'm looking for something that will work on the roof, poptop, bumpers and wheel against fresh neptune blue.
Any recommendations?

I've got lotus white on the roof/ poptop/ wheels & bumper on my neptune blue dormi. It's pretty freshly painted - a year ago but it's back in the paint shop for a little touch up here and there. I'm in South Bristol if you want to pop over and have a look in the flesh? I'm hoping to have it back in about a week or 2.
cheers

My roof is L90E alpine white van is pastel white L90D
bruk042.jpg

you could have a look through these, maybe of use to see different vw whites

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/colorstype2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pete

I'm in the same boat as you - I'm looking for a white to do the wheels & bumpers. I'm sure that originally they were "silver white" but I'm not 100% :?:

Edited bit - Looking at that link from Pete, my '68 should be - L 581 cloud white on the bumpers & wheels.....

Thanks for the input chaps, yes it does seem to be that cloud white is the colour that would have been original.

That leaves two options, go down the oe route because it's simple and there are no decisions to be made on tone of colour, which means it can never be wrong...

or

Keep looking out for a shade of white that will work the best but could may always prove less green on this side of the fence ;)

Anyone have a pic of a Neptune blue bay with cloud white detailing?

Cloud White is a great white it's not too brilliant but not as creamy as pastel,

my van is Brilliant Blue with cloud white,

I'd stick with what VW intended they seemed to know their whites and what went pretty darn well!

Cloud white (L581) would be the correct white roof for a Neptune blue 67-70. This would be an extra available on a microbus and standard on a microbus deluxe.

I've just bought a spray tin of Cloud White, I'll paint the front badge with it tomorrow and see what it looks like - Obviously, I'll post a pic ;)

Spence said:
I've just bought a spray tin of Cloud White, I'll paint the front badge with it tomorrow and see what it looks like - Obviously, I'll post a pic ;)

we will wait in anticipation then to see if it turns out all white! :)

sam@bugeyeddesigns said:
My bus is neptune blue with cloud white

IMG_04042.jpg

That looks good, I guess cloud white has a hint of blue in it rather then cream so the colours are a little more blended........

Spence said:

Where did you buy it, is it a rattle can colour?

I haven't had chance to paint the badge yet as I've been ill all weekend :( I had the tin mixed at my local paint shop - Cost me £9........

Here you go - Cloud White & Neptune Blue......

19945_339040962564_594147564_4844449_2627248_n.jpg

The pic doesn't really do it justice but it looks spot on in the flesh.......

Latest posts