Is this a 1936 Dodge hood hinge retainer?

keiser31

Guest BobPer

Yes, that is 36. It is the end that goes on the cowl. The other end (grill shell end) is bent the other way, and is not flat along the bottom like this end. I could use a good one.

Keiser, do you know where I might find a hood? It seems to be the only piece missing from my '36...other than the roof-top of course!

If you need a hood might I suggest that you look for a 1935 hood? Your car has 1935 sheet metal and I don't think the hoods for 1935 and 1936 are the same. Here are the 2 years and the differences...notice the grilles.

post-37352-143138104595_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138104598_thumb.jpg

DU was the model designation for 1935 cars.

D2 was the model designation for 1936 cars.

Since your car appears to be a 1935, this also means that you should have the fabric style top and NOT the steel insert.

What is the model designation on your car? John

Guest biztat2s

OK! this actually clears up alot for me!! Ive had the car for 3 days now.. and apparently i need a new bill of sale! what we thought was the vin was a serial number! And i was pretty sure it had a fabric roof since there is still wire in the holes...much thanks!

also I'm new to forums..sorry if i messed up your thread.

Edited by biztat2s (see edit history)

This might clear up a little more. Your serial number should fall somewhere into the numbers given here. You did not mess up my thread....I am glad to have been able to shed some light and info on your new purchase.

post-37352-143138104603_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138104606_thumb.jpg

Keiser, do you know where I might find a hood? It seems to be the only piece missing from my '36...other than the roof-top of course!

Sorry. I forgot to answer your initial question...duh! You might try the W.P.Chrysler Club online to find a hood.

Guest biztat2s

awesome..thanks! also i heard only 10,001 of these were made.. and mine isn't a "humpback" so does that make it even more rare?

Actually, by the list I posted, a little over 33,000 were made. If yours did not have the hump trunk, it is a "4 door sedan 5-passenger". The humped ones are the touring sedans.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Knobless:

That style of "cut-n-paste" doesn't work on this forum.

To add photos to your post you must be the "advanced" window for writing messages. If you are not already in the "advanced" form of the window, go to the bottom and press the "Go Advanced" button. When in the "Advanced" mode there will be a couple lines of button selections at the top of the window.

Select the "paper clip" button. That brings up another window where you can find the file on your computer of the photo you would like to post. There is one section for each photo (you can only select the path to one photo for each "Choose File" button - up to 10 photos as I recall). The photos must be sized no larger than 2000 pixels in either direction - both vertical or horizontal. You can use almost any good photo handling software to make these photo size adjustments BEFORE you select the photo files to attach to your message.

Once you have them all selected with the "Choose File" buttons, then go to the bottom of that photo window and click on "Upload". Once they all finish uploading you can close the window. If you get an error it is most likely because the photos were too big and need to be checked for size and then try again.

Once you have them set, do a preview on your message and then send it!

;)

these are the 36 Dodge/Plymouth/desoto clips for hood I will be producing shortly. I am taking orders now, they should be completed in aprox.4-6 weeks,

They will be selling for $100 plus $6.50 shipping all orders will be paid in full up front, I will not commit to manufacturing these unless I have a min. order count of 35-40 sets, Thanks

Edited by knobless (see edit history)

If you need a hood might I suggest that you look for a 1935 hood? Your car has 1935 sheet metal and I don't think the hoods for 1935 and 1936 are the same. Here are the 2 years and the differences...notice the grilles.

Concerning "biztat2s" question on hoods (which seems to have disappeared from this thread), one of the big differences in the hoods is that the '35 car hood has two release handles on each side and the '36 car hood only has one per side. The mechanisms inside are therefore quite different. I THINK some of the '36 pickup truck hoods are like the '35 cars's though - with two handles per side. Worth checking out I guess.

• 1 month later...
Guest elitecustombody
these are the 36 Dodge/Plymouth/desoto clips for hood I will be producing shortly. I am taking orders now, they should be completed in aprox.4-6 weeks,

They will be selling for $100 plus $6.50 shipping all orders will be paid in full up front, I will not commit to manufacturing these unless I have a min. order count of 35-40 sets, Thanks

knobless ,Did you get your minimum number of orders?

knobless ,Did you get your minimum number of orders?

not yet still working on it, much are asking the same thing, not really looking for money up front just a committment to purchase went they are completed,

so place an order, and you do not pay for them until they are made.

• 11 years later...