Bought my first TC.

Guest Daves Garage

Guest Daves Garage

This love affair dates back to the late 1980`s. I've always had a crush on the 2nd generation LeBaron convertibles. I have 5 of them, each needing some amount of work and each being in a little better condition than the other. Over the years, I spent a small fortune on them…I should have bought one nice one instead of all these projects. This week, I corrected all those mistakes of the past.

About 6 months ago, I came across an ad for a TC. This was my first exposure to one. At the time, I was busy with a move and kept the owners info. I was very much intrigued by the ad and googled the TC. I immediately decided that spending money on restoring a LeBaron would be a waste of money and that I would buy the far superior TC. Yes, I have come to realize that TC's are not LeBaron's.

Last week, I bought this car. Probably, paid too much for it. But, it was located less then an hour away from my house and red is one of my favorite colors for a car. It is a one owner, 1989, 48,000 mile, super clean, original paint survivor car. It had collector plates on it. 2.2 8V AT.

I'm looking forward to learning about TC's from all of you and sharing your passion for these awesome cars!!

89 Maserati TC-2.jpg

89 Maserati TC-3.jpg

89 Maserati TC-1.jpg

89_Maserati_TC-5.jpg

89_Maserati_TC-6.jpg

89 Maserati TC-7.jpg

Congrats!  You will enjoy it. You will find that this forum is invaluable. You will be able to get help from the members as I have.  I have an 89 that I bought 2 years ago and I have gotten help on many occasions. Mine is a low mileage car but it is 27 years old and  I have done a lot of work on it and there is more to be done.  ENJOY

Guest Daves Garage

Thank you Budtee. Yes, I'm looking forward to enjoying the car and this forum.

Bob, I will check the build date and get back to you with all the pertinent information.

Marty Mopar, Are you into other Mopar's? If so, check out my about me page, there's some pic's you might like. I'm sure, we will be doing some business in the future. As far as the LeBaron's go...I'm done with them. I've see the light; no more throwing good money that way. I now have to figure out a way of getting rid of them. I checked the internet but was unable to locate any forums or clubs to sell those off on.