For Sale: 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Sunliner Convertible - "Project, Needs restoration" - Middletown, DE - Not Mine - 11/24 SOLD!

For sale on Facebook: 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Sunliner Convertible in Middletown, DE  -  $10,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1312125449376277/-1957-Ford-Fairlane-500-Sunliner-Convertible

Seller's Description:

1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Sunliner Convertible

• Driven 123,456 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Black · Interior color: Black

1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Sunliner - 292 engine - Auto transmission - Needs restoration - Mileage unknown - $10,000 firm - Serious inquiries only.

image.png.7924792daa915b101ea4a557e18a2b78.png

image.png.8fbacbe5ad36c1c27f836a258a6a67f2.png

image.png.1aeaaceea352574be89a3e52b0075308.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Sunliner Convertible - "Project, Needs restoration" - Middletown, DE - Not Mine

What I find interesting about these is that I see more of the retractable hardtops for sale than the regular convertibles like this one. I have read that Ford sold more 1957 cars than Chevy did, but you wouldn’t know that now.

Hard to say much about this one.  It looks complete, but I’m guessing it needs everything. Including significant rust repair. Maybe the price is reasonable due to rarity?

• Like 1

I agree that the survival rate of these cars is much less than the retractable hardtop cars. I think it is a function of the novelty of the disappearing hardtop versus the standard convertible. That being said, the 57 convertible is a much nicer looking car from the rear of the car, IMHO. 

From what I can see in the pictures it will need significant rust repair, most likely taking body off of the frame to accomplish. I also don’t care much for Colonial White/Raven Black as a color combination. If I had it I would go with Colonial White/Coral Sand which is much more eye appealing two tone. Of course other options for the lower color would be Cumberland Green, Dresden Blue, Inca Gold, Willow Green, Starmist Blue, Flame Red, or Woodsmoke Gray.

I’m not sure what a good price for this car would be, but I wouldn’t pay $10K for it.

FWIW, in the background I see he also has a 57 T-Bird, white with a white interior. That car looks to be in much better shape than the car he is selling.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Sunliner Convertible - "Project, Needs restoration" - Middletown, DE - Not Mine - 11/24 SOLD!