Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
DeskJet Ink Advantage 3635
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i already try admin and without a password, admin for both, admin and password, all wrong...

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

The default username is admin (lowercase) and that cannot be changed.

There is no password by default, so you should try a combination of admin as a username with any passwrod you may selected by your own (or any other user) for the printer..

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

i use username as admin, password is blank still not letting me in...
can i hard reset it?how?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Don't try using a blank password, try using a password you may have selected from the printer webpage (e.g. if you have some specific password you would select), a blank password cannot be set..

If that doesn't work try resetting the netowrk settings and check if that may remove the password:

1. Press and hold the WiFi and Cancel buttons on your printer till the blue wireless light starts blinking.
  2. Restart the printer.
  3. Open the Control Panel > Devices and Printers, right click the printer icon and select Remove Device.
  4. Open the HP Deskjet 3630 software and follow the steps by selecting a wireless connection.
  5. Follow the steps on screen to reconfigure the printer on your network and check again.

Please let me know how it goes,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Do you think a reflash could reset the printer password? I already tried everything. reflash would reinstall the firmware but to do it I will need help.

HP Recommended

:generic:

PERFECT!!!

Thank you SO much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.