Panamera 2010-Current

2017 Panamera 4S GT Silver w Black/Chalk

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 09:45 AM
randythurman
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Panamera 4S GT Silver w Black/Chalk

I ordered mine and took delivery in April and have about 4,000 miles. Overall, the best car I've owned. Drive performance is very Porsche. A few comments following previous posts:

-Get the soft close doors. Very nice.
-The auto on/off is annoying. Set up the "Individual" settings as you like and it will cancel the auto on/off. After starting the car the first thing I do is select "Individual."
-There is a LOT going on in the screen. It can be confusing if you are trying to select different screens, i.e. going from music source to nav, etc. It keeps you head looking in the cockpit a long time.
-I've not had the nav problem others have mentioned. I suspect Porsche will have some software upgrades to improve overall interface.
-Three problems I've had:
- Shifting from R to D will occasionally get locked up and not shift and take several attempts to get into D. Dealer says they have not seen that in others car. Anyone else seen this?
- The a/c and vents need to be reset every time you start the car. When you shut down all the vents and temp go back to a preset position/temp. Then you have to go into to climate system and reset to your desired temp/vent setting. Or, I'm doing something wrong? I think Porsche over engineered the climate system.
- When my 90 day free Sim Card trial ended I was unable to transfer to my ATT account without paying for more time and data than I need. Dealer is trying to resolve this as they were told all you had to do was take the min.

Overall, an incredible car. I've owned several 911's. i think the comparison is not fair. Still the Panamera is a great car. The interior is incredible. The rear seat area is substantial. The room under the rear hatch is great. The ride is great. Exciting every time I fire it up and launch.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:53 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Randy,

thanks for the nice review, sounds quite good overall.

may I ask how satisfied you are with the colour (GT silver) after 3 months?

I finally also did order mine in GT silver, switching in the last second from Volcano grey.

actually I wanted to have a lighter grey, but don´t like the brown-touch of the Achat grey. Vulcano grey was a little bit too dark, loosing a lot of details of the design of the chassis and especially the Design package.

I finally thought that with GT silver, all these details come out a little bit better, although never had a silver car before (always went for grey so far).

have fun with your car and enjoy!

kr Hymo
Old 07-02-2017, 11:19 AM
randythurman
2nd Gear

I've never had a silver car before either. I LOVE the GT silver. Also, the black/chalk interior is a spectacular combo. From a practical point of view, the GT Silver does not show light dust/dirt. I've always have black or navy cars and it drove me crazy that I could detail it for 2 hours and it looked dirty after driving for 30 minutes. The GT Silver is an upgrade $ but worth it.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:49 PM
ISUK
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts

I collected my GT silver car with the Sport Design kit on Thursday. Here are a few photo's.
Attached Images       
Old 07-03-2017, 01:50 AM
NorthernMonkey
Advanced

Congrats on car

for the A/C and other settings to be remembered you have to do two things.

1. Memorise the settings via the door buttons (set>key symbol)
2. Remember to use same key next time as if you bring second key out and use that settings are not stored with that key so you'd have to set up car how you want it and store them with that key too

works for me anyway.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:08 AM
brucebca
Advanced

Car looks great!
Old 07-03-2017, 05:05 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great, house looks great!

I think the dash looks cleaner without the Sport Chrono clock (agree with previous comments that it is not great) but it appears you lose the mode selector on the steering wheel? This for me would be too big a price.

NM is right - just set-up the car how you want it and press memory then key.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:14 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

Car looks really great, thanks for the pictures.

almost like mine, only that I don´t have the black rear-lights but the black design package in gloss

didn´t know the wheels either, maybe these are not available in the configurator here in wetsern europe!? but looks great!

have fun!
Old 07-03-2017, 06:40 AM
ajriches01
Racer

hymo - I think they became available for March orders onwards? Something like that. They are on the configurator now.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:55 AM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Nice write up and thanks for the pictures.
I have a 2017 Panamera Turbo and 2017 911C4S. . love them both and different cars with some common heritage. One item worth noting between the two - the shift system is different (and sometimes confusing between the cars) - going forward on the Panamera puts you in reverse; on the 911 is puts you in park.
I think that Panamera is a great daily driver; I think the 911 puts a smile on your face every time you drive it
Old 07-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,184 Likes on 436 Posts

randythurman, glad to hear that you're loving your Panamera! :-) I got mine at the end of March and have now covered about 4,500 miles. I appreciate the car more every time that I drive it. Silver is a great colour choice! My first two Porsches were silver (Macan and 991.1) but thought I'd go a bit bolder on the Panamera with Carmine Red ;-)

ISUK, love the look of your GT Silver Panamera! Great house too! Congrats!
Old 07-03-2017, 06:40 PM
ISUK
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts

A couple of shots taken in the twilight.
Attached Images   
Old 07-03-2017, 07:06 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,184 Likes on 436 Posts

Very impressive.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:54 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

very nice apperance in the twilight - looks great!!
Old 07-07-2017, 11:57 PM
Vista6019
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 144 Posts

Probably the nicest appearing one I have seen yet. The Sports design kit make a big difference.

Quick Reply: 2017 Panamera 4S GT Silver w Black/Chalk