• Graphite Grey Metallic

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Pearl Silver Metallic

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Cavansite Blue Metallic

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Obliged

In your opinion, what is the Best Premium Paint Color for the newer NVC3 Sprinters?
Feel free to post pictures or explain why down in the comments.

oilhammer

Mine is Brilliant Silver, and while it looks OK, it is not a standout color to me. Quite honestly, I am bored with anything that lacks hue, and do not like all the various shades of brown/gold/beige/puece/bronze colors out there either.

The one I ordered was to be Jupiter Red (one of the base colors), as I think red contrasts nicely with the black trim and silver wheels. I also thought that the red would stand out better for visibility for safety reasons.

Hopefully the premium paint is better (they say it is), because it was a $1000 option. Fortunately, since they were unable to get the one I wanted, they sold me this one for the same price. So in addition to the better paint, I also got another $5k worth of options for free. Does not have cruise control, though, which I wanted and was on the ordered one, along with a trailer hitch.

Still love my van though.

JFloFoto

That's what I have on order.

How do you find it holding up? The clear coat is how I justified the extra $$

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Mine lives outside in the CO sun. Looks like new 18 months later, even the plastic trim.

The paint is fragile though when it comes to chips. I had the front end wrapped immediately.

Boathik

Tinkerer extraordinaire
Mine lives outside in the CO sun. Looks like new 18 months later, even the plastic trim.

The paint is fragile though when it comes to chips. I had the front end wrapped immediately.
Wrapped? As in that 3M film? What does it cost?

I prefer one of the metallic colors as they have a clear coat. I got mine in Brilliant Silver because it doesn't show dirt and doesn't get too hot like some of the darker colors. So yes, I picked my color more for function over form. I don't know why they can't just use a 2-stage finish on all the colors.

I just ordered a 2018 4x4. I almost went with cavansite blue but the dealer talked me out of it. He said its a great looking color when clean and buffed but it is a nightmare to keep it that way, shows everything. His words- "I think it is worse than black when it comes to showing marks." So I went with my backup- flame red. Not a huge change since my 2011 is hibiscus red.

JFloFoto

Wrapped? As in that 3M film? What does it cost?

Clear bra on the hood. Also another protective product on the head light lenses. I think clear bra was about $400 installed for the good stuff. I didn't shop it around much so may have overpaid.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Velvet Red is my color used plastic Dip on the hood and plastic side panels down also w/ Plastic Dip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wallygirl

2005 118", PNW
I have a 2007 Silver Metallic 2500 Passenger, and while the black plastic on the exterior has faded a bit and is looking ashy in places the paint job looks new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Obliged

Very interesting. It seams like "Stone Grey" is leading the poll at the moment.

Post your Van color pics if you can, for future reference.

Thank you all for your input.

Last edited:

Wrinkledpants

2017 144WB 4x4
We have stone grey. Traditionally, I prefer darker colors on vehicles, but know from experience it's extremely hard to keep them clean. Since our van is supposed to make it easier and more convenient to get us outside and into the woods, we wanted a low-maintenance color. White and silver were off the table as we've owned both colors in the past. Both do a good job looking clean when dirty, and hiding dirt, but we wanted a more interesting color.

We looked at the lighter tans, but felt they looked too "tan" if that makes any sense. Then we saw stone grey and loved it. The windshield was really dirty, but the paint looked perfectly clean since the paint color matches that of dust. It was warm to the touch in bright sun, but not hot like black and darker grey colors. For us, it struck that right combination of looking purposeful, being low-maintenance, but also looking pretty good.

DSCF5220.jpg by Reid, on Flickr

DSCF5225.jpg by Reid, on Flickr

DSCF5214.jpg by Reid, on Flickr

Boathik

Tinkerer extraordinaire

Obliged

I got a call yesterday that stated the Sprinter plant in Düsseldorf Germany will not be applying metallic paint at some point, for an uncertain amount of time. The demand for new Sprinters with metallic paint is exceeding their supply. I was asked if I was interested in any non-metallic paint. We are waiting for confirmation when metallic paint will be available again.

Top Bottom