South Park™: The Stick of Truth™

South Park™: The Stick of Truth™

View Stats:
DeuceMango Feb 3, 2014 @ 2:58pm
OS X Support
Do you guys think this game could or should have Mac support? Because to me I think it should.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Unholy Eve Feb 3, 2014 @ 4:26pm 
You guys think every single game should have Mac support but to the companies there's little to no profit in doing so.
Last edited by Unholy Eve; Feb 3, 2014 @ 4:26pm
rando rambo Feb 3, 2014 @ 7:21pm 
Cartman is adament about it not being on the hippie platform.
MD Feb 3, 2014 @ 7:32pm 
Hard to say, I don't see why not but I'm not Ubisoft. They make that call. It's definitely a possibility though.
DeuceMango Feb 4, 2014 @ 5:20am 
Originally posted by SPEPHER:
uplay doesn't even work on mac so no, mac is also ♥♥♥♥.
yes it does, I also have Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and I can play multiplayer perfectly fine
DeuceMango Feb 5, 2014 @ 4:35am 
Originally posted by TheFirstManBoss:
yes it does, I also have Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and I can play multiplayer perfectly fine
bootcamp doesn't count.
xD, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is for mac, you can go look.
jack_vance Feb 5, 2014 @ 5:13am 
Do you guys think this game could or should have Mac support?
Definitely! Considering that most seasons of Southpark were created in an OS X only environment (Southpark-Studios), it feels sad that this game should be available just for Windows users. It does not make any sense to me.
ArcusM Mar 5, 2014 @ 7:25pm 
I'll buy it the moment there is a Mac version. I'll buy it even if it's a Cider port: http://transgaming.com/cider
Turbo Mar 5, 2014 @ 8:01pm 
Doesn't SouthParkStudios use Macs to create South Park?
[USRF] NARF Mar 5, 2014 @ 10:51pm 
Originally posted by Unholy Eve:
You guys think every single game should have Mac support but to the companies there's little to no profit in doing so.
You guys think every single game should be Windows only.
Sorry to awaken you, my friend, but the Mac community is growing and the windows desktop market share (for personal use) is dropping fast.
On top of that, if the game is written in a fairly new language, porting it to mac should be fairly straight forward.
And in case a native version is not possible, then a Cider port (as suggested above) will be a good alternative.

I too would buy this game if it were OSX compatible.
Liamo Luo Mar 6, 2014 @ 2:31am 
May be better just bootcamping your mac and signing into your steam account on that? Thats what my friend has to do with his Mac as he gets better performance on his other games through windows as well.
pantheon0918 Mar 6, 2014 @ 6:09pm 
Originally posted by Liamo Luo:
May be better just bootcamping your mac and signing into your steam account on that? Thats what my friend has to do with his Mac as he gets better performance on his other games through windows as well.

is this a joke ? neither he's a liar or he had never been playing with any NATIVE OSX games
the elderscrollls online / tomb raider / F1™ 2013: Classic Edition / games from blizzard , they all ran great and silky smooth even on my girlfriends 21" iMac with , seems they have been optimised the game for osx
pantheon0918 Mar 6, 2014 @ 6:13pm 
Originally posted by USRF NARF:
You guys think every single game should be Windows only.
Sorry to awaken you, my friend, but the Mac community is growing and the windows desktop market share (for personal use) is dropping fast.
On top of that, if the game is written in a fairly new language, porting it to mac should be fairly straight forward.
And in case a native version is not possible, then a Cider port (as suggested above) will be a good alternative.

I too would buy this game if it were OSX compatible.

look the steam community is tiny on mac not to mention 90% of them are running intel intagrated (shudder).

bootcamp doesn't count.

Okok I know u are a Microsoft / windows fanboy which is pathetic ( how could anyone like M$ after they have gone through the dark age of Internet explorer ?

maybe you should stop being ignorant and discover the beauty of mac , and I disagree , there are plenty of mainstream games and the biggest mmo of the year elderscrollls online announced OSX along with PC version from 2010,so yes , there's a user base out there and it's huge
eRz- Mar 6, 2014 @ 9:39pm 
Osx is 5% market share of steam. I play on OSX on desktop either macbookpro. osx is a good and reliable system with buil-in unix support. A good dev and editing env. with mint desing. More osx users = more games for them. Windows is just the main system over the planet and gets all games (even crappy one), all viruses, malwares : ). I planned to get a second drives to play under windows until the osx market share will be 50% :D.

Port this game to OSx. Please. Port it.
Liamo Luo Mar 7, 2014 @ 8:52am 
Originally posted by henryfakesmile:
Originally posted by Liamo Luo:

is this a joke ? neither he's a liar or he had never been playing with any NATIVE OSX games
the elderscrollls online / tomb raider / F1™ 2013: Classic Edition / games from blizzard , they all ran great and silky smooth even on my girlfriends 21" iMac with , seems they have been optimised the game for osx

Jeez way to get your knickers in a twist, is it your period or something? I mearly said that if you want to play games on your mac you'd be better off bootcamping it. I know Blizzard games run well, but pretty much most multiplatform games perform better on windows at the moment. I was hardly attacking OSX, heck I used OSX for about 5 years until it completely stopped serving any purpose for me. Stop being a fanboy and jumping down the throats of others just for makign a suggestion.
Liamo Luo Mar 7, 2014 @ 8:57am 
Originally posted by eRz-:
Osx is 5% market share of steam. I play on OSX on desktop either macbookpro. osx is a good and reliable system with buil-in unix support. A good dev and editing env. with mint desing. More osx users = more games for them. Windows is just the main system over the planet and gets all games (even crappy one), all viruses, malwares : ). I planned to get a second drives to play under windows until the osx market share will be 50% :D.

Port this game to OSx. Please. Port it.

I don't think OSX can ever achieve that market share again, businesses and the general user is too invested in windows. I think Apple make nice machines, but for most users they are just far too expensive. Your average user wants a cheap laptop to browse the web with, they don't need a £1000 mac for that.

Also the virus malware thing is kind of mute these days. With MSE installed I've never had anything. The only way you really get a virus on windows these days is through user stupidity (downloading and giving permissions to untrusted software) which the same thing can happen and has happened on OSX. I remember when OSX Tiger screenshots "leaked" and the JPG required your admin password to open, it installed a worm that then sent itself via email etc to your contacts. It wasn't that the system was really unsecure, it was just user stupidity.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Feb 3, 2014 @ 2:58pm