1987 Paint RPOs

ALBERTAN

Resident Window Licker
I've found several of the RPO sites to have incorrect colors listed for our cars. I did a search through TB.com for a listing of paint RPOs as I need them for a little side project. Thanks to troGNman for this list...

• 11 = White
  • 54 = Cream Beige
  • 43 = Light Sage Metallic
  • 25 = Light Brown Metallic (Light Chestnut)
  • 62 = Brown Metallic
  • 25 = Light Blue Metallic
  • 31 = Dark Blue Metallic
  • 15 = Grey Metallic
  • 12 = Silver Metallic
  • 71 = Rosewood Metallic
  • 79 = Dark Red Metallic (Dark Carmine Red)
  • 19 = Black
Are any missing? Or were there any different codes for '86 cars? Thanks.

not sure of the code 80 but I looked at a light rosewood metallic way back. It was a salmon looking color. Only one I ever saw and haven't seen it since. I believe there was also a medium rosewood and a dark rosewood metallic. I know of a dark rosewood '86 in the Dallas area.

DSC00795.jpg

I think this is Medium Rosewood Metallic

TType001.jpg

Dark Chestnut Brown #62

146853d1320360271-1987-buick-regal-turbo-light-brown-metallic-img00173-20101111-1523.jpg

Light Chestnut

Thanks for the pictures Rich. Now I know the difference between the two browns.

BTW, that first car pictured will have a 71U RPO code on the sticker. It's a Rosewood car for sure.

I love those odd ball colors !!! I always seem to end up with blue or black cars and grey ones. I have never seen a brown t or t type in person and only remember seeing 1 for sale locally on Craigslist / here what made a brown t even weirder was a moonroof , 1 owner and 20,000 miles.

Thanks for posting the codes and pics

I'm partial to Rosewood. I had an '84 T-Type as my first turbo Regal In dark Rosewood(might even be that carmine red).
SCAN0149.jpg

Here are a couple odd colors.

P1010567.jpg

ButterNut I think

PhoebeFRdriv2.jpg

DSCF2135Medium.jpg

This one has one of my favorite options, Cornering lamps

limitedt002.jpg

Cornering lamps and Coach Lamps

DSC00793.jpg

Light Blue

Nice looking combos but I've always been partial to 2 tone brown cars. There's something about the combo of colors that just looks really nice.;)

Nice looking combos but I've always been partial to 2 tone brown cars. There's something about the combo of colors that just looks really nice.;)

Well, in the case of Limiteds at least, thats a 1 of 1 car. Brian has good taste.

I've found several of the RPO sites to have incorrect colors listed for our cars. I did a search through TB.com for a listing of paint RPOs as I need them for a little side project. Thanks to troGNman for this list...

• 11 = White
  • 54 = Cream Beige
  • 43 = Light Sage Metallic
  • 25 = Light Brown Metallic (Light Chestnut)
  • 62 = Brown Metallic
  • 25 = Light Blue Metallic
  • 31 = Dark Blue Metallic
  • 15 = Grey Metallic
  • 12 = Silver Metallic
  • 71 = Rosewood Metallic
  • 79 = Dark Red Metallic (Dark Carmine Red)
  • 19 = Black
Are any missing? Or were there any different codes for '86 cars? Thanks.
I remember "Phoebe". What a sweet car with some tasteful options.

For some reason Code 43 Light Sage was not available in '86.