Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog95 View Post
    That seems to be the best blend of aesthetics, clearance, and ride quality. Looks really nice!
    Thanks. Yeah it rode great on the ride back from the shop. Its about 80 miles for me each way so a good test.
    2021 RS6 Avant - Navarra Blue with Xpel Stealth, Vossen S17-06 in Dark smoke, lowered 25mm, Milltek exhaust

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Shawn@PacificGerman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    20' Urus, 21' 718 GTS, 20' C4S, 20' R8, 19' RS5, 16' TTS

Glacier White Twins!

We had a few Glacier White RS6's stop on by for upgrades. The first car is on Black Optics trims, and received lowering with the factory scan tool with wheel alignment. The owner wanted to maintain a practical daily driver so we went with a subtle drop, around 20mm from the standard height. This still allows for reasonable height for around town, especially the Los Angeles roads it will see on the daily commute.

This second Glacier White RS6 is finished with the Alu-Optics trims, and this one received lowering from the factory scan tool about 25mm from the standard height, including a wheel alignment and H&R wheel spacers. We went with a 10mm front and 15mm rear spacer to perfectly fill the arches. To finish this RS6 off, it received an Akrapovic exhaust system including the gloss carbon Akrapovic rear diffuser.

And here is a quick video after the exhaust was installed to demonstrate the sound.

Pacific German | [email protected] | Porsche, Volkswagen, Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley, BMW Service, Tuning, Repair | Located in Laguna Hills, Ca

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PacificGerman View Post
    Glacier White Twins!

We had a few Glacier White RS6's stop on by for upgrades. The first car is on Black Optics trims, and received lowering with the factory scan tool with wheel alignment. The owner wanted to maintain a practical daily driver so we went with a subtle drop, around 20mm from the standard height. This still allows for reasonable height for around town, especially the Los Angeles roads it will see on the daily commute.

This second Glacier White RS6 is finished with the Alu-Optics trims, and this one received lowering from the factory scan tool about 25mm from the standard height, including a wheel alignment and H&R wheel spacers. We went with a 10mm front and 15mm rear spacer to perfectly fill the arches. To finish this RS6 off, it received an Akrapovic exhaust system including the gloss carbon Akrapovic rear diffuser.

And here is a quick video after the exhaust was installed to demonstrate the sound.

More pic of al optic car w akra?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine Forum
    2014 Allroad - snow mountain climber (for sale)
    2018 GT3 - Touring Package (dead man car)
    2021 SQ7 - snow mini van
    2021 Audi RS6 Avant (ETA 12/20) - his
    2021 Audi RSQ8 (ETA 03/21) - hers

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Izzone View Post
    More pic of al optic car w akra?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine Forum
    I will upload some soon!

Pacific German | [email protected] | Porsche, Volkswagen, Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley, BMW Service, Tuning, Repair | Located in Laguna Hills, Ca

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Exhaust Compilation!

Since we have had a few different exhaust systems in, it felt right to throw a few clips together to serve as an example of the exhaust system differences for the C8 RS6 and RS7 platform. These are all filmed on US Spec cars (with no particulate filters and with factory catalysts) on the same gopro and with unedited sound to give a close comparison. I noticed there is sound background noise for the ABT system, which is a slight bummer, however it is also the more mellow sounding system as a comparison to the Akrapovic and Milltek systems. Also I threw in some bonus footage at the end for two cars that have MTM ECU tuning which allows for revs higher than 3000 rpm to illustrate higher RPM on both a stock and Akrapovic exhaust system.

I know that Capristo also offers a system, and I am sure we will get that one in soon, but for now, here is a quick video to break down what we've done so far.

Junior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS6 Avant and old P cars

Exhaust Compilation!

Since we have had a few different exhaust systems in, it felt right to throw a few clips together to serve as an example of the exhaust system differences for the C8 RS6 and RS7 platform. These are all filmed on US Spec cars (with no particulate filters and with factory catalysts) on the same gopro and with unedited sound to give a close comparison. I noticed there is sound background noise for the ABT system, which is a slight bummer, however it is also the more mellow sounding system as a comparison to the Akrapovic and Milltek systems. Also I threw in some bonus footage at the end for two cars that have MTM ECU tuning which allows for revs higher than 3000 rpm to illustrate higher RPM on both a stock and Akrapovic exhaust system.

I know that Capristo also offers a system, and I am sure we will get that one in soon, but for now, here is a quick video to break down what we've done so far.

Running downpipes on either of the akrapovic videos?

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Exhaust Compilation!

Is it just me, or does the stock exhaust sound pretty good outside the car? I've never been around another RS6 to hear one go by under power.

Is the stock exhaust in this video the regular or the factory sport exhaust?
    23 Cayenne GTS
    21 Daytona Grey RS6 (gone)
    12 Cayman R (PCA GTB1 club racer)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick151 View Post
    Running downpipes on either of the akrapovic videos?
    Stock cats, however the Akrapovic systems require use of their own "downpipes" to connect the factory cats to the cat-back exhaust. I will post some photos up tonight if anyone is interested to see how the complete factory exhaust looks like.

Milltek also changes the downpipes (in this video above with factory cats) however ABT does not change these.

Is it just me, or does the stock exhaust sound pretty good outside the car? I've never been around another RS6 to hear one go by under power.

Is the stock exhaust in this video the regular or the factory sport exhaust?
    This was the factory sports exhaust.

It does sound good, but in a side by side comparison in person the stock exhaust is quite tame.

Junior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS6 Avant and old P cars

Stock cats, however the Akrapovic systems require use of their own "downpipes" to connect the factory cats to the cat-back exhaust. I will post some photos up tonight if anyone is interested to see how the complete factory exhaust looks like.
    Correct. Sounds like you are referencing their "link pipes".

I was wondering if you are running their true downpipes that are running 200 cpsi cats. These are different than their "link pipe set" DP/L-AU/SS/1 vs L-AU/SS/6

AZ Member #

Milltek also changes the downpipes (in this video above with factory cats) however ABT does not change these.

This was the factory sports exhaust.

It does sound good, but in a side by side comparison in person the stock exhaust is quite tame.
    Agreed, too tame for my taste as well as far as the overall volume. But it does have a really nice note!
    23 Cayenne GTS

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick151 View Post
    Correct. Sounds like you are referencing their "link pipes".

I was wondering if you are running their true downpipes that are running 200 cpsi cats. These are different than their "link pipe set" DP/L-AU/SS/1 vs L-AU/SS/6
    So there are two sets of link pipes from Akrapovic:

The system that uses factory primary cats will have non resonated link pipes.

The system that uses Akrapovic primary cats will have resonated link pipes.

This is probably due to the factory primary cats having two cats in each unit (pre and post oxygen sensor) , for a total of four. Then the Akrapovic cats have just one cat in each unit (pre oxygen sensor).

I may have the ability to post a sound clip to compare the two soon. However to clarify, the cars in the video are using factory primary cats.

Junior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS6 Avant and old P cars

So there are two sets of link pipes from Akrapovic:

The system that uses factory primary cats will have non resonated link pipes.

The system that uses Akrapovic primary cats will have resonated link pipes.

This is probably due to the factory primary cats having two cats in each unit (pre and post oxygen sensor) , for a total of four. Then the Akrapovic cats have just one cat in each unit (pre oxygen sensor).

I may have the ability to post a sound clip to compare the two soon. However to clarify, the cars in the video are using factory primary cats.

Would love to hear a video of the different systems.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Nardo Grey meets power!

This Nardo Grey on Carbon Optics RS6 popped in for MTM Stage 1 Engine Software tuning and a set of Audi Accessories roof racks! Gains are quite impressive from software alone, bumping the output from 590hp to roughly 720hp. While power modules are a safe way to go for warranty's sake (just remove before a dealer visit) there is definitely a stronger mid range and top end pull from a full flash tune. Luckily we offer both at the shop to meet each car's specific need

Junior Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Exhaust Compilation!

Shawn, what are some good options for my California daily driven RS6? I’m looking for something with a bit more growl than the stock exhaust, but not something overly loud and no droning. I think something like Akrapovic would be overkill for me. I was looking into Milltek’s front pipe-back system. Any experience with that? Thanks.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RS6_boi View Post
    Shawn, what are some good options for my California daily driven RS6? I’m looking for something with a bit more growl than the stock exhaust, but not something overly loud and no droning. I think something like Akrapovic would be overkill for me. I was looking into Milltek’s front pipe-back system. Any experience with that? Thanks.
    The front pipe back is probably best suited as it retains the front oem silencers and is "oem plus".

Akrapovic has been quite popular as far as sound goes but the Milltek is an easier price point to jump into.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Navarra Stealth

We had the pleasure of lowering sdaudiguy's Navarra Blue RS6 that he had protected with Xpel Stealth! The Vossen wheels now look at home inside the huge fender arches, this is really a killer looking avant! We dropped this car around 25mm from the factory height, and performed a four wheel alignment once we had it lower to ensure maximum tire life and full vehicle control.

Here are some before and after shots. The car is shown here in it's lowered height on the drive select menu for the comparison.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    ' 24 Wrangler 392, '13 MB GL450

Navarra Stealth

We had the pleasure of lowering sdaudiguy's Navarra Blue RS6 that he had protected with Xpel Stealth! The Vossen wheels now look at home inside the huge fender arches, this is really a killer looking avant! We dropped this car around 25mm from the factory height, and performed a four wheel alignment once we had it lower to ensure maximum tire life and full vehicle control.

Here are some before and after shots. The car is shown here in it's lowered height on the drive select menu for the comparison.

Looks awesome!!
    '21 Nardo RS6 avant. Gone but not forgotten: '03 S6 avant, '14 S4 6MT

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Florett RS7

We had this Florett Silver on Carbon Optics RS7 drop on in for lowering with our factory scan tool. This one went down 25mm from stock, and also received a four wheel alignment.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

MTM Power

Here is a quick little Sunday teaser for you guys. We are still waiting for a few more things before this car comes in, a Stage 4 MTM (1001hp) kit is coming to Southern California!

AZ Member #

That is going to be a beast!

What is the estimated longevity on the engine at 1000+ HP?
    Any transmission issues with 400 extra HP?
    23 Cayenne GTS

AZ Member #
    My Garage

That is going to be a beast!

What is the estimated longevity on the engine at 1000+ HP?
    Any transmission issues with 400 extra HP?
    There have been a few MTM built cars now and I am sure they are being stress tested well on the Autobahn. Overall MTM leaves many safeguards intact so there should be no worries with the gearbox or other components. Just service and maintain the car when its due and have fun.

We've seen these engines in the Cayenne / Panamera Turbo with 50-60k miles of aggressively tuned miles and they are holding up well.

AZ Member #

There have been a few MTM built cars now and I am sure they are being stress tested well on the Autobahn. Overall MTM leaves many safeguards intact so there should be no worries with the gearbox or other components. Just service and maintain the car when its due and have fun.

We've seen these engines in the Cayenne / Panamera Turbo with 50-60k miles of aggressively tuned miles and they are holding up well.
    Good to hear!
    23 Cayenne GTS

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Mythos Black from Arizona

This Mythos Black RS6 with Carbon Optics drove in from Arizona to have us lower the car 25mm with our factory scan tool. It also received a four wheel alignment before hitting the road back home.

AZ Member #

I'm very interested in adding the MTM system to my new RS6. The power gain is significant with such a simple mod and worth the $. My concern is with the risk of violating the warranty. How simple is it to remove the MTM system before dealer servicing? Is it simply unplugging it or should it be totally removed? Does the car's data acquisition system get interrupted while the MTM system is in active use? If not, does the data show anything that suggests factory systems were overridden?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cgk360 View Post
    I'm very interested in adding the MTM system to my new RS6. The power gain is significant with such a simple mod and worth the $. My concern is with the risk of violating the warranty. How simple is it to remove the MTM system before dealer servicing? Is it simply unplugging it or should it be totally removed? Does the car's data acquisition system get interrupted while the MTM system is in active use? If not, does the data show anything that suggests factory systems were overridden?
    If you are referring to the MTM Cantronic module, then I would suggest removal before any dealer visit (same suggestion with the ABT power module, or even with a full software flash)

The factory scan tool can't pickup on the MTM module or ABT module, but a dealer tech's visual inspection could flag it.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Nardo RS6 in for it's first service!

Aaron dropped by with his 2021 RS6 and we knocked out a first service for the car. For something as simple as this, we are fully stock on factory oil filters and your choice of Liqui Moly or Torco Synthetic Engine Oil.

Our services are fully itemized and even documented on Carfax! This means you have the peace of mind with adding some fun to your RS cars but without needing to visit the dealer (unless its warranty related) and thus avoiding compromising the warranty.

AZ Member #

See you tomorrow for my service and tune!
    2021 RS6 Avant - Navarra Blue with Xpel Stealth, Vossen S17-06 in Dark smoke, lowered 25mm, Milltek exhaust

Veteran Member Three Rings sandjunkie's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2021 S4 Kemora Grey, 2019 SQ5 Quantum Grey, 2022 718 Spyder Shark Blue

[CENTER]Nardo RS6 in for it's first service!

Aaron dropped by with his 2021 RS6 and we knocked out a first service for the car. For something as simple as this, we are fully stock on factory oil filters and your choice of Liqui Moly or Torco Synthetic Engine Oil.

Our services are fully itemized and even documented on Carfax! This means you have the peace of mind with adding some fun to your RS cars but without needing to visit the dealer (unless its warranty related) and thus avoiding compromising the warranty.
    You guys are the best. I am so lucky to have a top notch shop close by.
    @flatsechs
    2021 S4
    2019 SQ5
    2022 718 Spyder

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sdaudiguy View Post
    See you tomorrow for my service and tune!
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunkie View Post
    You guys are the best. I am so lucky to have a top notch shop close by.
    We appreciate the support!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 ACR E, 2020 HD FXLRS

Wink Woo Hoo

Florett RS7

We had this Florett Silver on Carbon Optics RS7 drop on in for lowering with our factory scan tool. This one went down 25mm from stock, and also received a four wheel alignment.

Subscribed, see you tomorrow...hehehe
    2016 Viper ACR E Billet Silver, 2021 Audi RS7 Florett Silver
    If u r not livin on the edge, u r taking up too much space...

AZ Member #
    My Garage

The Return of Navarra Stealth

This RS6 popped in for it's first service. While the car was here we also dropped in the MTM M-Cantronic power module and a BMC High Flow Air Filter. Claimed horsepower figures from MTM for the module list power at 722hp with this upgrade, and it is certainly quite quick! Lastly, we went in and changed the software coding for the Central Electrics module to the European headlights specification, this meant that the amber marker lights from the front headlights were disabled for a cleaner look.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Florett RS7 Round 2

We had this RS7 back in the shop for a few upgrades and the first service. We loaded VF Engineering engine performance software to this car to bump the power output from 590hp to roughly 710-720hp on 91 octane fuel. VF Engineering developed this software here in California for great gains without compromise, and the software is well suited for our climate, fuel, and will even adapt to standard bolt-ons such as an exhaust, air induction upgrade, etc. We have also noticed the car will pick up some additional power with higher octane fuel such as adding a few gallons of 100 octane or E85 to clean up the 91 octane (thanks, California), with no changes to the tuning!

Not stopping there, it received a Milltek Sport Resonated Cat-back exhaust system with Cerakote Black Finishers. I will have some sound clips for this one posted up soon, it has a similar tone to the Non-Resonated system that I have posted up before at cruising and wide open throttle. However with lower speeds and idle, the system has a lower level of resonance / drone which allows for a muscular V8 tone without sacrificing much comfort. And when the exhaust valves are closed, as such in Comfort via the Drive Select menu, the car sounds just like stock.

While the car was here and we were under the hood for the service, we also dropped in a BMC high flow engine air filter and looked over the car to ensure it is operating as designed. Since we had the car last, the owner swapped the wheels out for this killer HRE P107 Forged Monoblock 22" setup which just looks at home with the lower ride height (done with our ODIS Factory Scan tool). We double checked the alignment for him to make sure the car is going well and so he can maximize the performance of the car, and life of his tires.

To wrap things up, we also disabled those pesky orange side marker bulbs from the headlights. Essentially just coding the headlights to a European specification, this cleans up the front end a smidge by not creating a distraction to this front end especially at night time.

Junior Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Is there a piggyback unit that will accommodate for catless downpipes?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ipeefreely View Post
    Is there a piggyback unit that will accommodate for catless downpipes?
    No there is not, this wouldn't be possible with a piggy back and the latest Bosch MG1 engine management.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Building a Tribute

We had been contacted a while back to build a Florett Silver RS6 that was on order and still ways out. We ordered a bunch of parts for this car, and stored them at the shop until the delivery date got closer. Around a week out, the customer contacted us to let us know that he changed his car! A Nogaro Blue Tribute car had been for sale and he secured this one instead, and it was on the way to our facility. This was pretty exciting, as it was our first Nogaro RS6 in the shop, and for a hefty makeover! More parts were still on order, but this was a nice first visit and we crossed most items off the list within a few days.

This car received a huge list of goodies, here is a quick list and I will post an update when we see this car back in soon for round 2!

European headlights
    Akrapovic Titanium Cat-back Exhaust System
    Akrapovic Rear Carbon Exhaust Valance
    ABT Power Module Upgrade
    ABT Anti Roll Bars
    BMC High Flow Engine Air Filter
    Forge Motorsport Turbo Inlet Hoses
    Maxton Designs Front Lip Spoiler, Side Skirts, Trunk Spoiler
    MTM 10mm and 15mm Wheel Spacers
    European Console and Cup Holder Conversion finished in Anthracite Race (similar look to the carbon weave)
    CETE Lowering Module
    Four Wheel Alignment (a must when lowering!)
    Software Coding for Video in Motion and some CarPlay Tweaks
    Black mirror caps and door handles

Our friend Denis from www.rs6avantc8reg.com happened to be at our shop on completion day and we had him do a quick feature for this RS6 while he was around! His photo work is much better than ours, check out this link to his article which features over 80 additional photos of the car! https://www.rs6avantc8reg.com/post/n...pacific-german

Here are a few shots that we took during the build:

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Two Is Better Than One!

We had a lucky owner bring both of his RS6 avants in (yes, you read that right!) for MTM Stage 1 Tuning Software. Stock is rated for 590hp, and MTM rates stage 1 at 722hp though I would suspect on our 91 octane in California this to be a few hp less. Regardless, the cars are very fast compared to stock, it is impressive of how tuning can transform this 5,000 pound beast! Note that the Tango Red car has Carbon Ceramic brakes and an Akrapovic cat-back exhaust system. Driving both back to back, you can really feel the difference in acceleration and braking force that the ceramic brakes allow for.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Sebring Beginnings

We had this RS6 dropped off after only a few days of ownership and a few hundred miles on the clock for a quick makeover. We lowered this wagon 25mm from the factory ride height, and slapped on a set of H&R 10mm and 15mm wheel spacers. Lastly, this RS6 was also aligned while it was in the shop.

This one will be back for some goodies! Check out the last photo for a teaser into the next build.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Nardo Starter Pack

Another Nardo Gray RS6 dropped off for our starter pack; Lowered 25mm with the factory scan tool, aligned to factory specification, and H&R wheel spacers to bring the wheels out for a better overall stance. It is no surprise this is a popular upgrade for these cars, because it just looks SO good!

Junior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2022 Volvo XC90 T8

Quote Originally Posted by sandjunkie View Post
    Haven't been to the dealer yet, but how can they argue that height is much lower than the factory suspension is engineered for when it is within the factory parameters?
    FWIW...Pacific German did this with my 2018 SQ5 and over the years I've taken it to the dealer plenty of times and not once was anything ever mentioned. I just contacted Pacific German so I can get this in the works for my RS6 ;-)
    2021 Nardo RS6 Avant

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshtaylor View Post
    FWIW...Pacific German did this with my 2018 SQ5 and over the years I've taken it to the dealer plenty of times and not once was anything ever mentioned. I just contacted Pacific German so I can get this in the works for my RS6 ;-)
    I talked to my dealer here before I decided between the cete drop and having PG do the drop with the tool. My guy said it’s no issue at all. If they ever had an issue that it could come into question their tool at the dealer can revert it no questions.