Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: New RS5 Owner

Established Member Two Rings SctsOut06's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2020 Explorer ST

New RS5 Owner

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi All,

Proud owner of a new to me 2022 RS5 in Turbo Blue. I came from a 2018 BMW M550i. I was originally going to order a new M3, but after months of searching and analyzing, I landed on this beauty.

I previously had a 2018 SQ5, so it’s good to be back in the Audi community. Forgive the dealer only pictures, but the car is en route to my house.

Only downside is that I’m currently deployed, so it will be a few months until I can enjoy it!

Plan is to avoid the mod bug, but I don’t think that will last long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Congrats!! Love Turbo Blue. Once you get back, I'll be interested to see how it compares to the M550i.
    Current: 2024 BMW M3 Competition xDrive | 2022 Audi Q7
    Gone: 2022 Audi RS5 | 2020 BMW M340i | 2019 Audi RS5

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2020 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
    Congrats!! Love Turbo Blue. Once you get back, I'll be interested to see how it compares to the M550i.
    Thanks! I’m sure I’ll miss the torque of the M550. It was super fast but didn’t feel very light on its feet.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

e85 stage 1+ and you wont be missing any torque from the 550 :)

Love the grey/white seats. I was torn between those and the alcantara, but opted for the soft grippy surfaces.

I picked mine up in February this year under the assumption I wouldn't mod for a while.... didn't last long. 444/442 just wasn't exciting enough.

Installed intake and went stage 1+ e85, and now the car is a total monster. My advice is, if you have the tune itch, scratch it.

Senior Member Three Rings Zombie5150's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2022 Audi RS5

Congrats! And, thank you for your service. 👍
    2022 Audi RS5 Sportback - Mythos Black
    Dynamic, Dynamic +, Dynamic Steering, RS Design, RS Driver Assist, Side Assist, Black Optic Carbon, Navigation, Rear Air bags, Black Rings & Emblems.

Vossen HF-3/Michelin PS4S, Full Xpel PPF, Fusion Ceramic, Ceramic Tint, JL Sub/Kicker Amp, FitCam X, Tuxmat Cargo Liner, Emblem Debadge (F/R), MMI screen protector, MH62 IPOD Cradle, Pedal Commander, additional puddle lights.

Junior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Congrats! Love the color. I started with a IE 93 tune and it really woke the car up....just saying, hahaha. Mod bug is hard to kick.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Epic color combo
    Sold // 2018 RS3 - Unitronic TTE700 / BoostLogic / 034 everything / BBS RI-A / etc
    2023 SQ5 - stock + BBS CI-R
    2023 Sierra AT4 - Fox / Cognito / BC Forged TD01
    2024 SQ8 - ordered Nov 2023

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '21 SQ5 / '23 S5 / '21 Crosstrek / '23 GTI

What a sweet spec! Congrats!
    034Motorsport | ABT | Advan | AG | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | EMD | Enkei | Eventuri | Forgeline | Forgestar | GiroDisc | H&R | HRE | KW | Milltek | Rohana | Rotiform | Stoptech | Unitronic | VMR | Vossen | Volk | Vorsteiner and many more!

Established Member Two Rings B7Quattro Pete's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '20 Audi Q8 55 Prestige

Quote Originally Posted by SctsOut06 View Post
    Hi All,

Proud owner of a new to me 2022 RS5 in Turbo Blue. I came from a 2018 BMW M550i. I was originally going to order a new M3, but after months of searching and analyzing, I landed on this beauty.

I previously had a 2018 SQ5, so it’s good to be back in the Audi community. Forgive the dealer only pictures, but the car is en route to my house.

Only downside is that I’m currently deployed, so it will be a few months until I can enjoy it!

Plan is to avoid the mod bug, but I don’t think that will last long!

Congrats on the beautiful new RS5 SB, you’ll love it! Sincerely, thank you for your service!
    Current Vehicles
    ‘21 Audi RS5 SB 2.9tt Ascari Launch Edition
    ‘20 Audi Q8 3.0t Prestige S-Line | Galaxy Blue - Black Optic

Previous Audis
    '21 S5q Cabriolet 3.0t
    '11 A4 2.0t
    '05.5 A4q Avant 2.0t
    '97 A8q 4.2
    '96 A6q 2.8

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2020 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by deejayh View Post
    e85 stage 1+ and you wont be missing any torque from the 550 :)

Love the grey/white seats. I was torn between those and the alcantara, but opted for the soft grippy surfaces.

I picked mine up in February this year under the assumption I wouldn't mod for a while.... didn't last long. 444/442 just wasn't exciting enough.

Installed intake and went stage 1+ e85, and now the car is a total monster. My advice is, if you have the tune itch, scratch it.
    Thanks! I’m sure I’ll tune it - haven’t had one in a long time that hasn’t been tuned. But I bought an extended warranty this time hoping that it sways me from doing anything to it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie5150 View Post
    Congrats! And, thank you for your service.
    Thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by ZacCT View Post
    Congrats! Love the color. I started with a IE 93 tune and it really woke the car up....just saying, hahaha. Mod bug is hard to kick.
    The mod bug truly is a sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mops@Nemesis View Post
    What a sweet spec! Congrats!
    Thanks, Mops! Given the mod bug that likely won’t go away I’m sure we’ll be talking!

Quote Originally Posted by B7Quattro Pete View Post
    Congrats on the beautiful new RS5 SB, you’ll love it! Sincerely, thank you for your service!
    Thank you - I really appreciate your support. Great being back in this community!

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Congrats! Beautiful car and the white interior looks sweet!
    Thanks for your service!!!
    ’23 RS5 Sportback
    Glacier White | Competition | Nav | RS Drivers Assist | Side Assist

Mods: Full XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS 10 PPF | XPEL Fussion Plus Ceramic Coat | XPEL PRIME XR PLUS Tint | Taillights XPEL Slate 50 | Satin Black Vossen HF-5 20x10.5 | Future Design Carbon Full Blaze Kit | 034 Front Strut Brace | 034 Transmission Mount Insert

ACNA Lifetime Member

Established Member Two Rings Lethalsouls's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thanks! I’m sure I’ll tune it - haven’t had one in a long time that hasn’t been tuned. But I bought an extended warranty this time hoping that it sways me from doing anything to it!!
    Consider RaceChip, they claim +60hp /113. Old thread consensus was more like +40/70. Regardless, it does work and is noticeable. No td1 or warranty incidents reported here or on AW. I had it on since 21, no issues with service. I'll probably take it off for this year's service due to the recall that requires a software update.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2020 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalsouls View Post
    Consider RaceChip, they claim +60hp /113. Old thread consensus was more like +40/70. Regardless, it does work and is noticeable. No td1 or warranty incidents reported here or on AW. I had it on since 21, no issues with service. I'll probably take it off for this year's service due to the recall that requires a software update.
    Thanks for the feedback! I have spent some time reading about people’s results with Racechip. Seems consistent without any issues. I have always done an ECU tune or JB4 - but never Racechip.

Senior Member Two Rings IamRacer X's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Congrats!!! Thats a great looking RS5!! Ive had mine 4 years since new. I still have the same feelings about it I had when I bought it. They have not worn off. Really great all around car. Its a little bit softer as compared new M3, its more of a GT car.
    Current
    2019 RS5 Sportback Nardo
    Original Owner
    2003 Corvette Z06
    LS3, Coilovers, BBK, Track/Street
    2022 Jeep Wrangler
    High Altitude

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2020 Explorer ST

New RS5 Owner

Delivery day!

Now the countdown starts until I can drive it. My wife and boys are enjoying it, so I’ll live vicariously through them for a while.

Unfortunately it has two big rock chips in the windshield. Fight begins between the dealership, the car carrier, and me to get the windshield replaced

https://streamable.com/h566c2

Senior Member Two Rings IamRacer X's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Sorry to hear that. Good luck!!! You know they will blame each other sadly..... Quick question, in the pics the car looks like it has spacers on it to me. Does it?
    Current
    2019 RS5 Sportback Nardo
    Original Owner
    2003 Corvette Z06
    LS3, Coilovers, BBK, Track/Street
    2022 Jeep Wrangler
    High Altitude

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2020 Explorer ST

I’m sure it will definitely be a blame game till the end.

I don’t *think* the car has spacers on it, but I haven’t seen it in person yet, so I couldn’t tell you for sure.

Established Member Two Rings Lethalsouls's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Looks great!
    The previous owner tinted, do you know if it has ppf or ceramic?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2020 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalsouls View Post
    Looks great!
    The previous owner tinted, do you know if it has ppf or ceramic?
    Thanks!!

It doesn’t have PPF but the dealer has an agreement with a company that puts ceramic coat on it before they sell it. Glad that was done for me!

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Three Rings MerakiAutoworks's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Beautiful, congrats!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
    Orange County, CA
    Email: [email protected]
    Text/Call: 213 394 2886
    ​​​​​​​

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thankfully only the glass!

Spacers are for sure in play. Looks like 15mm.

034Motorsport | ABT | Advan | AG | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | EMD | Enkei | Eventuri | Forgeline | Forgestar | GiroDisc | H&R | HRE | KW | Milltek | Rohana | Rotiform | Stoptech | Unitronic | VMR | Vossen | Volk | Vorsteiner and many more!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2020 Explorer ST

Thankfully only the glass!

Spacers are for sure in play. Looks like 15mm.

Now that I look closer, the wheel fitment definitely looks more aggressive than stock. I’ll take it as a nice little Easter egg.

Not sure my wife would know what to look for if I told her to see if there were spacers .

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Hey! I took that car out for a test drive a couple of months ago. God damn it is a good-looking car/spec and I was wondering where it ended up! Congratulations!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2020 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by effenstefan View Post
    Hey! I took that car out for a test drive a couple of months ago. God damn it is a good-looking car/spec and I was wondering where it ended up! Congratulations!
    Ha! What a small world!! Thanks!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2020 Explorer ST

Thought I would share some quick thoughts and pictures after finally being able to drive this beauty! As I mentioned in the earlier posts in this thread, I purchased the car back in October but wasn't able to drive it since I was deployed. I finally got home over the weekend and spent some time in the car.

The RS5 replaced a 2018 BMW M550i that had a BMS Stage 1 Tune and a full exhaust. That car was extremely quick, loud, comfortable - all around a great cruiser. Comparatively, here a few things that stand out about the RS5 vs. the M550i (not that the two are direct competitors)

- I definitely miss the low end torque and brute of the twin turbo V8... I can tell the difference right off the line between the two cars. However, once the RS5 builds boost, the thing just absolutely pulls. It definitely launches harder. Did a few 0-60 runs verified by Draggy, and my the best I got in the RS5 was 3.6 on 93 Octane. I was running a 3.3-3.4 in the M550i with the tune - so its definitely right there.

- The driving experience overall is absolutely amazing... I love how the car can transform from a comfortable cruiser to a monster in RS mode. The BMW - as an "M Lite" - definitely rode smoother; but it didn't feel near as put together in the corners as the RS5. The ride is definitely firmer, but honestly, isn't too bad even in Dynamic.

- The exhaust note isn't near as glorious as the TT V8 with a Meisterschaft exhaust; but I don't hate it. It definitely needs a little bit more to it - maybe a resonator delete is in the cards in the near future.

- The interior quality is great... I had a 2018 SQ5 and I have to say that the seats feel much more supportive and comfortable than what was in my SQ5. I love the Rock Gray interior - will be fun to keep clean, but beats the heck out of a standard black or even a red leather that I've had multiple times.

- The exterior color may not be for everyone, but I can't get enough of it. It definitely stands out in a sea of black, white, and grey vehicles - and it seems to get quite a bit of attention no matter where I've been so far. I actually had an M3 allocation and was going to build one while I was overseas, but after seeing the RS5 in person next to the new M3, I have to say the RS5 looks that much better.

Over the weekend I put in an 034 Carbon Fiber Intake, and have a Racechip GTS Black and XLR on order. Also, shout out again to Mops for hooking me up with the wheels and tires. I'm super happy with the decision and look forward to hopefully modding this one a little slower than everything else I've owned!

Excuse the dirt on the car, but I wanted to share a couple quick snaps of the car now that I've got it in my hands!

Veteran Member Four Rings LYKUNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Dirt? What dirt? That's a beautiful blue RS! Congratulations and thanks for your service!
    2023 S5 Sportback | Prestige | District Green | Rotor Gray Napa | Sport Diff | Black Optics | HRE RC104s
    Gone but not forgotten - 2011 S4 | Prestige | Jet Blue | HRE R40s

Senior Member Three Rings Zombie5150's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2022 Audi RS5

Yes, thank you for your service. I come from a long line in our family of either military or LE so I very much appreciate your sacrifice. Now, enjoy some seat time. Car looks great and get it washed, lol. Although I’m still looking for some dirt…
    2022 Audi RS5 Sportback - Mythos Black
    Dynamic, Dynamic +, Dynamic Steering, RS Design, RS Driver Assist, Side Assist, Black Optic Carbon, Navigation, Rear Air bags, Black Rings & Emblems.

Vossen HF-3/Michelin PS4S, Full Xpel PPF, Fusion Ceramic, Ceramic Tint, JL Sub/Kicker Amp, FitCam X, Tuxmat Cargo Liner, Emblem Debadge (F/R), MMI screen protector, MH62 IPOD Cradle, Pedal Commander, additional puddle lights.

Established Member Two Rings Code's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Great car, and thanks for sharing your thoughts on the comparison! Have fun with it
    ’21 RS5 Sportback
    Speedcraft Garage on Youtube: CLICK HERE

Mods: 034Motorsport Stg1 ECU on E85 / Stg 2 TCU | 034Motorsport x34 full intake | Fuel-It Ethanol Sensor | Res delete | Billet Transmission Mount | TRC Splitter

Junior Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Beautiful car, love the wheels too.
    2019 RS5 Merlin Purple

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2020 Explorer ST

Thanks, all! Appreciate the support!

I gave the car a proper wash, no worries. But I forgot about how miserable these PA winters are so she’s back sitting in the garage.

On to keep searching for a commuter car…

Senior Member Two Rings trevor51590's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '21 S4, '18 A4

Thanks, all! Appreciate the support!

I gave the car a proper wash, no worries. But I forgot about how miserable these PA winters are so she’s back sitting in the garage.

On to keep searching for a commuter car…

Nice car. I picked up my RS5 and gave my wife the S4 as part of the deal. I was going to trade my wife’s A4 in because they offered us decent enough and we’ve never had 3 cars, but decided that id keep it as a commuter for that exact reason

Welcome home from an AV guy
    '23 RS5 Sportback | Daytona Gray | Black Optics Carbon | Dynamic | RS Driver Assist | Nav | RS Design | Side Assist
    '21 S4 Premium Plus | Daytona Gray | S Sport | 034 Stage 1
    '18 A4 Premium Plus | Manhattan Gray
    -----Gone but not forgotten-----
    '18 Q5 Prestige | Utopia Blue | Nougat Brown
    '13 S4 Premium Plus | Estoril Blue | Black/Silver Alcantara
    '11 S4 Premium Plus | Phantom Black | Black/Black Alcantara
    '06 A4 2.0TQM Premium+ | Revo Stage 2
    '99.5 A4 1.8TQM

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2020 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by trevor51590 View Post
    Nice car. I picked up my RS5 and gave my wife the S4 as part of the deal. I was going to trade my wife’s A4 in because they offered us decent enough and we’ve never had 3 cars, but decided that id keep it as a commuter for that exact reason

Welcome home from an AV guy
    Thanks! I think I’m probably going to end up with an A4 for my commuter. Trying to find something around $6-7k that I don’t have to care too much about driving in and out of the city everyday.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks! I think I’m probably going to end up with an A4 for my commuter. Trying to find something around $6-7k that I don’t have to care too much about driving in and out of the city everyday.

That would be a good one! My buddy was looking for the same and he found a B8.5 S-line BO car for $7,800.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2020 Explorer ST

That would be a good one! My buddy was looking for the same and he found a B8.5 S-line BO car for $7,800.
    That’s awesome. I’m not in a rush which is nice…. I also would love to find an Allroad and dump some money into it, but that kind of defeats the purpose