Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Generic User Avatar

can't access photobucket

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bobaraba

bobaraba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:24 AM

photobucket.com could not be found. please check the name and try again.

i get this message when i try to log in to photobucket.com. i've used it for a long time to upload pics on the web and now i can't get into it. i found out when i tried to look at some pictures on a guitar forum i use. the picture links didn't show up on my pc. when i type in to my browser i get the can not be found message. whats up? i've had it bookmarked for months and never had a problem till today. thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:10 AM

have you tried to enter http://www.photobucket.com

or you can try to get to photobucket by clicking the link to the right ->Click here for Photo Bucket

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Helper Emeritus
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:01 AM

I was just able to access Photobucket.

It may of been down for a bit. Have seen it happen before. Like you have said, the pics that Photobucket was hosting for you, did not show.
Same thing happened a while back. It seems to be up now.
Check again. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#4 bobaraba

bobaraba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:24 AM

anything to do with photobucket i get the same message. i've tried everything and its going on 2 days. i've used it for months and never had a problem. others can access it so its not the site.

#5 randyrayd

randyrayd

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:48 AM

I wanted to tag along on this post, as I and the majority of the people on a BB I frequent have the same problem. The strange part is two or three of the members do not have any problem.

Also for your info: images posted on the board from photobucket do not appear, only the red X, for those having trouble.

Thanks,
Randall

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Helper Emeritus
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:01 AM

Well Im not sure what it could be. But you all could try and clean out your browser cache. If you had not done so already.
Posted Image

#7 randyrayd

randyrayd

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:17 AM

Thanks, but I've done that, ran AV, two anti-spyware, checked restricted sites, added photobucket to trusted sites. I have not changed any security/firewall configurations.

Just for grins, I disabled anti-spyware, AV and firewall and still no luck.

This seemed to have happened to several users at the same time, while a few remain unaffected.

FYI: Your image after "----------" did not show, only the red X and "user posted image" appear. It's properties are listed as photobucket.

Randall

Edited by randyrayd, 06 October 2005 - 11:26 AM.

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Helper Emeritus
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 06 October 2005 - 03:56 PM

Have you tried to contact Photobucket at http://www.photobucket.com/feedback.php, and explain your problem to them.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 randyrayd

randyrayd

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:09 PM

The link you posted and any other pertaining to "Photobucket" that I (and others) have tried result in "page cannot be displayed."

Images I posted on the board that are accessed through Webshots are visible as are other's images from Imageshack, so I have to believe it has nothing to do with my settings.

Thanks, though.

Randall

#10 bobaraba

bobaraba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:17 PM

i guess photobucket healed itself because its now working for me. all i did was ask questions on a bunch of forums. thanks for the help. i don't know if i'll ever know what actually happened to knock it off.

#11 randyrayd

randyrayd

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:23 AM

This link will explain why the site was available for some but not others.

http://news.com.com/Network+feud+leads+to+..._3-5889592.html

Randall

#12 DocSatan

DocSatan

Bleepin' Wanna-Be

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:10 PM

This topic is pretty old, but it's close to my problem. :trumpet:

When I try to go to Photobucket.com I keep getting redirected to their Mobile Photobucket page (http://m.photobucket.com/).

So I can't access the normal page to upload some pics.

I can't figure out why this is happening...mostly cuz I'm not Web Smaht. :thumbsup:

No problems with other sites.

[edit]: Nevermind..lol. I found a link on the Mobile Photobucket page for the "Non-Mobile Photobucket." The script was soo small that I missed it. :flowers:

Edited by DocSatan, 20 July 2008 - 01:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users