34 minutes ago, technics100 said:

Only issue is trying to run it in!! :-)

Rag it,  :devil:

Rag it hard :devil:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Love it! Colour looks great on the estate:thumbup:

Enjoy your new car. :)

IMO it looks (and I can't believe I'm going to say this...:blush:better on your car @penguin17 - It's slowly growing on me, but I think the Estate has a lot of metal for the grey to cover

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hwr1983 said:

IMO it looks (and I can't believe I'm going to say this...:blush:better on your car @penguin17 - It's slowly growing on me, but I think the Estate has a lot of metal for the grey to cover

Wise up his looks awful.. even he knows it :-).. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, technics100 said:

20180604_superb-7788.jpg

They've changed the style of the headrests, but they still look fixed. Also, I'm intrigued by what looks like part of a mirror-less camera with interchangeable lenses? They are nice photos.

11 minutes ago, freelunch said:

They've changed the style of the headrests, but they still look fixed. Also, I'm intrigued by what looks like part of a mirror-less camera with interchangeable lenses? They are nice photos.

What were they like before? no mirrorless, taken with a D750 and 35mm f/1.8 FX.. then an old 20-35mm Tokina for the interior photos.. The D750 and lenses fit in the arm rest storage.. sweet :-) 

I've had a look. They're the same. But, I can still recognise a changeable lens camera when I partially see one. :blush:

In my defence, they look a lot different when I get in my car than they do under a fill-in flash.

Edited by freelunch
Defensive position
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, IJWS15 said:

SWMBO wants one that colour.

So when are you ordering? 

IMO the colour only suits black trim such as the gloss black accents on the Sportline. I seen a Karoq with chrome trim in MG, last week.....erm erm :)

• Like 1

I know what

3 hours ago, IJWS15 said:

When do you take it back to get the topcoat applied?

To me that shade of grey is primer, SWMBO wants one that colour.

I know what you mean.  but it does get a lot of attention and I think it's the colour that does that.. like a large naval vessel!! might get HMS Belfast written on the side.. 

14 hours ago, freelunch said:

In my defence, they look a lot different when I get in my car than they do under a fill-in flash.

It was shot with a D750, I don't need fill flash, it sees in the dark!!

Ha! The hipsters would not have me. And, as this is your thread, I'll tell you.

I currently own a Pentax K5 DLSR, but my go-to camera is a Sony RX100-III. The Pentax is hardly used unless I do a job with it – location stuff, portraits. I took both cameras on my Berlin trip and the Pentax made it out of the bag once. The Sony is just so damn convenient and it takes a good picture.

Current plans are to buy a 50mm prime for the K5 and a new Sony RX100-VI after it has been out for awhile. The only thing the Sony lacks is a decent telephoto and the VI addresses that problem.

My all-time favourite camera was a Minolta SRT-101 back in the days of film, until my wife dropped it on its head. And, yes, I have had Canon, an S95 which was passed on to my wife when I bought the Sony. And I have owned a Fuji – their first digital camera, all 1.4 megapixels of it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had the car a few weeks and have it a good clean and a coat of Collinite at the weekend.. it's now got 800miles on it so starting to open it up a good bit..

I borrowed a vcds cable so couple to things to sort - throttle response, beeping tailgate etc...

IMG_20180616_144351.jpg

IMG_20180616_144305.jpg

• Like 1

That interior looks like a very nice place to be. Can I ask a daft question? It looks like you have a dark headlining from the photos. It looks great. 

Checking the configurator (never the best idea) it looks as if this is a  Sportline only thing (eg the L&K configurator still shows light headlining / A pillar covering with dark interior). Is that right? Or is it just my eyesight failing:blink:?

• Like 1

I think it is a Sportline thing, mine certainly has a dark headlining.  It doesn't look like you can change it on other models and I recall it was one of the alleged 'selling points' of the Sportline when I ordered mine. I'm ambivalent about it to be honest, it makes it a bit dark inside but it looks nice and you do have a lot of ambient lights to offset it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, edwards said:

I think it is a Sportline thing, mine certainly has a dark headlining.  It doesn't look like you can change it on other models and I recall it was one of the alleged 'selling points' of the Sportline when I ordered mine. I'm ambivalent about it to be honest, it makes it a bit dark inside but it looks nice and you do have a lot of ambient lights to offset it.

Agreed.  On a smaller car, the dark headlining would seem claustrophobic but the interior space/light in the Superbs cabin is enough for it to not be an issue. 

• Like 1