Started on: 06-06-2011 07:28 PM
Replies: 28
Last post by: josef644 on 09-09-2012 01:17 PM
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I am gonna remove my dash to spray it beachwood. It is two tone tan now from an 84 car. I have all of the other pieces needed to make it a Beachwood interior, except for color changing this dash. A couple of pictures will get me to where I need be to change this to a Beachwood 88 interior.
Mine

I found this on Ebay, and 'borrowed' the picture. It appears that the top surface is Beachwood, and the rearward facing parts are 'Tan'. Or is the top a darker 'Chocolate' and the forward facing surfaces 'Beachwood' ?

A few pictures for clarification would be appreciated.
Thanks
-Joe

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-06-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
IIRC there is a "dark" & a "light" beechwood. Your local autobody supply should be able to confirm that, & mix them for you.
HTH,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I have the #50944 Beachwood By Sherwin Williams. Just want to get it as close to correct as I can.

It kinda looks to me that the rear facing surfaces are the same color as the 'A' pillar mouldings. I have both 'A, B, and C' mouldings in the factory Beachwood already.
-Joe

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-06-2011).]

Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
88 Gt beachwood genuine except the steering wheel from Fiero Store

[This message has been edited by Robert 2 (edited 06-07-2011).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
1988 Beechwood dash photos from a GT were e-mailed to you this morning.

Nelson
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

1988 Beechwood dash photos from a GT were e-mailed to you this morning.

Nelson

I got them, and thanks. The pictures from you appear a bit different than the one posted just above. I am guessing that the flash makes i look a bit different?

The top is a darker color than the rear facing surfaces?

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-07-2011).]

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Hey Joe,

In my 88 Formula, the entire dash, cluster surround, AC/radio Surround and shift cover are the same - darker brown while the pillar trim, Map Pocket and door panels are the lighter brown. It's never been touched - maybe the GT's had a different scheme?

Pat
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Hey Joe,

In my 88 Formula, the entire dash, cluster surround, AC/radio Surround and shift cover are the same - darker brown while the pillar trim, Map Pocket and door panels are the lighter brown. It's never been touched - maybe the GT's had a different scheme?

Pat

Here is one of the picture that hnthomps sent me. Is yours like this?
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Nope - mine is all the dark brown. I can get some pics in the AM.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Nope - mine is all the dark brown. I can get some pics in the AM.

Pat send them to my E-Address so you don't need to resize them. And thanks.

josef644 at yahoo dot com
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
It is my understanding that the 1988 Beechwood GT dash was a two color scheme. The dash pictures that I sent you were from my 88 Mera which was built on a GT platform. BTW, I also have two additional 88 Beechwood dashes at the house that look identical to the pictures that I sent.

Nelson

Originally posted by josef644:

I got them, and thanks. The pictures from you appear a bit different than the one posted just above. I am guessing that the flash makes i look a bit different?

The top is a darker color than the rear facing surfaces?

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 06-08-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

It is my understanding that the 1988 Beechwood GT dash was a two color scheme. The dash pictures that I sent you were from my 88 Mera which was built on a GT platform. BTW, I also have two additional 88 Beechwood dashes at the house that look identical to the pictures that I sent.

Nelson

So are the door trim pieces around the door jam, (3), and the rearward facing surfaces the same color? This is the color of my interior paint. I tested it on a door jam moulding back side.
FieroG97J

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone bothered to look in the 88 showroom catalog, which EVERYONE should have?
FieroG97J

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JDirect Link to This Post

FieroG97J

1450 posts
Member since Jul 2000

Originally posted by FieroG97J:

Has anyone bothered to look in the 88 showroom catalog, which EVERYONE should have?

Never mind. Those pics aren't as good as you need.
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
This is an 88 Notchie Duke I own. I think this is Beechwood.

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Curlrup is the rear facing surfaces of the dash, top pf the dash, and door mouldings all the same color? That is the way it looks to me. Sometimes the flash will change the appearance a bit.

I like the way your 'Beachwood' looks.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-08-2011).]

GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post
Everyone in this thread is right,just a little confused, lol.

There is two tones of beechwood tan on the vinyl parts.

Dark: Shift surround, Radio surround, Gauge surround

Light: Door panels, Arm rests, Center console.

Now there are two different dashes; The coupes and formulas all had a solid one color dash that is in the dark color and the GT's came with a two tone dark on top light on bottom.

Hope this is clear as mud for you

If have several examples of both interiors if you need more or better pics just let me know.

~Tyler
Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT-X:

Now there are two different dashes; The coupes and formulas all had a solid one color dash that is in the dark color and the GT's came with a two tone dark on top light on bottom.

If have several examples of both interiors if you need more or better pics just let me know.

~Tyler

That's the way my 88 GT looks like .

[This message has been edited by Robert 2 (edited 06-08-2011).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT-X:

~Tyler

Ok, now it is sorta making some sense.A GT has a two tone dash. A coupe and Formula dash are one color. And that is the same color as the 'A' 'B' and 'C' pillars color? As in Curlrup's picture' Borrowed below

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-08-2011).]

Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
Yep it is just like it is in the pic and as GT-X said. I don't drive this car....yet...waiting for a 3800 so I had to go look again since i don't see it everyday.

Let me know if you need any more pics.
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post
Actually the A, B, C pillar hard plastics are the light brown and that is the same whether GT or Coupe.

In the above pic, compare the A pillar to the shift surround... Big contrast. Whereas the A pillar is about the same as the center console/glovebox. It does seem to be a slightly different tone but chalk that up to hard plastic vs. vinyl and sun fade differences.

~Tyler
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Here is a picture of a speedo cluster back I got off of E Bay yesterday. It was near perfect, except it was dark gray. The 'A' pillar mouldings next to it is Beachwood pieces from an 88. I used The Fiero Store Beachwood interior spray to do the color change this morning. This spray works real good and seems to be excellent quality.

and:

I will be ordering some more to finish up this interior before removing the dash from the car.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Tested The Fiero Store spray on a warped radio surround. Worked real well, just two light coats here.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
1988 and 1989 Medium Beechwood OEM paint code 66BN. I purchased a quart today. Might get to use it this weekend, depending on the storm in the Gulf of Mexico.

I'll post a picture after I have it on my dash.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 07-27-2011).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Painted yesterday morning

and
Pondski

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PondskiSend a Private Message to PondskiDirect Link to This Post
88 Formula

88 GT

Good luck!
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Sorta funny how the camera will change the color of the dash. My dash is the same color as the 88 beechwood 'A' pillar pieces. It looks almost beige in one of the pictures. I will post a picture of the instrument pod assembled . Camera's battery is charging.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Here is a shot of my 'homemade' Beechwood dash I installed in the car this morning.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2012 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Shot of the tan and beechwood togeather.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock