Charcoal grey metallic cars

-

Dubob

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok guys and ladies. I am getting to the point of looking at paint for my Demon. I was originally going to go with B5 blue but having looked around there are a lot of old Mopars that are painted that color. I am looking at going with 78 Dodge RA9. charcoal grey metallIc. If anyone has an A body painted with it and wouldn't mind posting some pictures to give me an overall view of how it looks I would greatly appreciate it.

Not mine:
12595d1146436706-my-73-plymouth-duster-e-mail.jpg

90658d1327759698-1973-duster-duster.jpg

12664d1146540162-my-73-plymouth-duster-duster-fr.jpg

Thank you. I like that look. Good looking Duster.

I like the Charcoal on the the Early A Cudas & Dusters....Seen it on an E-body Cuda but it didn't quite do it for me.

If I do not paint my 67 Formula black I was thinking charcoal.To me the duster above is gun metal,charcoal is much darker.

Jim

Might check out Mineral Grey (Furd), or late eighties Toyota truck grey.Check out the fleet books of your paint supplier.This gets expensive in a hurry.I am gonna guess base clearcoat.

Jrlegacy. what is the paint on the b body? That's more what I was thinking. I am doing more of a restomod. look to the car. Was thinking a color like the b body with dark maroon stripes like the factory stripes. Thank you all for the input. Yes going to do base clear on the vehicle. Yes $$$$ I remember selling paint thru my dads Auto Parts store and thinking red at 75$ a gallon was extreme. Amazing what happens in 25 years.

I think this is another color that is over done. If you go with this color, make sure your painter is competent or you could end up with a mottled mess.

Audi Quartz Gray Metallic

Looks different depending on the light, but go drive by the Audi dealer and look at a few, I love this color.

Attachments

• quartz1.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 1,322
  • quartz2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,254
not charcoal grey per say, but i like silver/black combos

Attachments

• 7543.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,227
  • silver.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 1,360
  • silver1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,233
  • silver2.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 1,247
Ok guys and ladies. I am getting to the point of looking at paint for my Demon. I was originally going to go with B5 blue but having looked around there are a lot of old Mopars that are painted that color. I am looking at going with 78 Dodge RA9. charcoal grey metallIc. If anyone has an A body painted with it and wouldn't mind posting some pictures to give me an overall view of how it looks I would greatly appreciate it.
Fresh out of the booth, 71-72 light gunmetal met

Attachments

• painted in booth 004.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,166
Loosenutz has a 67 post project that he has a thread on here that is dark gray. Lots of pictures too. Look in members restorations.

Dark charcoal grey metallic in a single stage acyrilic enamel

Attachments

• 3272012 012.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,203
ive seen a lot of chebys runin that color tho.. maybe add some accent color? just my 3 cents

-
Back