Is this car F3 amber sherwood poly?

-

DOMINANTmopar

Reaction score
It is tough for me to tell the color code of my car from a little paint chip on the computer. Do you guys think this is F3 Amber sherwood poly? Also is the dash/interior DT-7596 Bright green? I am going off of a PPG paint code page for 1972 plymouths. Maybe I'm a little color blind. LOL

I am hoping someone here has the same colors and has some info for me.

thanks

Attachments

• 2011-10-24 16.16.04.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,076
  • 2011-10-24 16.18.41.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 757
Here's a shot of a 1970 slant 6 Valiant in F3. Not the best pic but only one I could find with sunlight.

Almost looks like the Bright green is the paint color. Like asked, what is the code on the tag?

Grant

The part of the car in the sunlight looks like F3 to me, but it could just be the camera because the part of the car in the shade looks too green. In the second picture with the interior the door jamb definately looks like F3 green.

My car didn't come with a fender tag so I just wasn't sure. Maybe I should look under the rear seat and see if the build sheet is under there.

Here is my old Dart in F3

under2.jpg

mydart.jpg

That sure looks like F3 to me. Thanks for the posts.

So when the paint code says.....poly..... does that mean it is metallic or something else?

My car didn't come with a fender tag so I just wasn't sure. Maybe I should look under the rear seat and see if the build sheet is under there.

Here's a good place to look also.
Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_5772 (Small).JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_5773 (Small).JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_5774 (Small).JPG
    77 KB · Views: 549
BTW, the car that broadcast sheet came out of is F4. Sorry I don't have a pic of the complete car but here's an engine shot. Car is a '70 Valiant.
Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_5766 (Small).JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 546
Wow the picture with the F4 paint looks right on. I am going to look all over the car and see if I can find a broadcast sheet or something.

You will have to remove the back seat but they put one in the upper from the factory. Mine was in great shape since it wasnt exposed to much. Hope that helps. Tpc global has ppgs color library and you can find a swatch of it pretty quick for your year and car.

Being that it has been so long since your original post, this may be of little assistance.

I must respectfully disagree with several other responses to this post, but I believe that your correct match is:
1971 DODGE J-4 2259 SASSY GRASS GREEN

For reference see this 1971 Dart with 1971 DODGE F-3 2316 AMBER SHERWOOD POLY:
What color Green?

Clearly, your Dart is not the same...

I promise you that your Dart is NOT 1971 F-3 2316 AMBER SHERWOOD POLY, even judging from the photos.

In 1985 I purchased a 1971 Plymouth GTX 440 from my grandmother who assumed ownership following the passing of my uncle.

It was a beautiful garage stored 100% original solely Michigan vehicle built in Hamtramck, MI with zero rust, and less than 20k miles. It still had beautiful factory original Goodyear Polyglass GT tires, including the full sized spare! Thankfully, I also had all of the original documents (build sheet, window sticker, and manuals).

Unfortunately, during the time that my grandmother had it she created door dings with her daily driver and clipped the right rear wheel well on the garage door side jamb (she had no concerns about protecting its finish).

The color of my 1971 Plymouth GTX 440 Dart was:
1971 PLYMOUTH F-3 2316 AMBER SHERWOOD POLY.

-
Back