Paint colors everyone hates

-

john dodge

downunder wonder
Reaction score
So what is the least favorite colors...
In Australia nearly all mopar guys hate hot mustard.. ( butterscotch)
Yet in the us they seem to love it..
Now i never liked tawny gold til i spent some time on this nice old swinger ,cutting and polishing the old girls mostly original paint...its starting to really grow on me...

20170818_181145.jpg

20170818_153011.jpg

20170818_164644.jpg

Lime green is my least favorite color! Waaaay overused!! 2nd would be plum crazy, again waaaaay overused! On cars with those colors as original paint, I'll give em a pass, on anything else it's just beating a dead horse!!

Nice Dart. My first car was a 72 4 dr dart in the same color. Its one of the better of the 100 different shades of green available on these cars.
Least favorite would have to be yellow cars. Im not too fond of plum crazy either.
Favorite is sublime. Its overused because its awesome :) Im doing my 72 swinger in PFM Gecko which is a 2013 version of sublime.

I don't want to say what colors I don't like.
Because that's pooping on someone's paint choice.
One color comes to mind.
To me that color just looks "cheap" and I don't know why.
And "black" come to mind.
Not that I don't like how it looks.
You couldn't give me a black car.
At least not here. It's too hot.
And keeping it looking good would be a nightmare.
But to respond to the OP question, I will saythat I do like earth tones.
I'm partial to browns.
I never have to wash it too.
So your color (at least in the pictures) suits me fine.
I'm just thankful I'm not color blind.

Last edited:
ZZ1 Gold Poly Metallic back in 66. My Dart needs paint but I can't bring myself to spend the money for such a ugly color. Mine and what it is supposed to look like.

001b.JPG

66 Dart GT 001.jpg

I never liked Turquoise on any year or style of car (or make for that matter)!
Not a big fan of red either...........
However, i do love dark green!

Something about the High Impact colors on the early cars - to me, looks weird seeing a purple 68 or 69. Same with Sublime. Red, Orange, Top Banana, looks more normal.

Quite honestly, if seen some colors i dont like but the car was done so nicely it didnt matter..........

Its the whole picture that makes the car.

D.

Hate is an ugly word for an ugly state of mind.

Anyone that truly hates a color is a whacko.

I have a '63 Valiant in aqua and a '72 Scamp in honeydew. Both are off the wall colors that get plenty of opinions for and against. BUT, are they ever easy to keep clean - except when the tomato throwing begins!.

yeah, color doesnt bother me much. I will say that as a kid, my favorite was Red. I do like the C7 Plum Crazy that was original on my Dart. I have owned several black vehicles over the years, dont know why, Just worked out that way. white also. i still think loud colors draw attention from the police and whatnot, not that i am a criminal, but I like to speed on the way to and from work, best to be inconspicuous. As far as Mopar, I guess I dont like the "appliance " colors from the 70's, you know the colors hat were found on stoves and refrigerators, the greens, browns, and Yellows that was the same colors they used in kitchens fron the same era. The performance colors were great though.

My '72 Satellite Sebring Plus was factory painted Tawny Gold (Y9), which I don't like. Previous owner painted it blue, I painted it butterscotch (L5). (fotos are not my car but look identical)

72 SSP GY9_4.jpg

Bahama Yellow GTX.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back