Petty Blue

-

69wacuda

Handling, and a 500ci engine.... All in good time!
Reaction score
Does anyone know the paint code for richard petty's superbird roadrunner? I think it's even called petty blue? To me its a light blue that kind of looks like fords Grabber blue, but i wouldn't want to go into the paint shop and ask for a ford color and have to end up telling them it's going on a 69 Barracuda. It just wouldn't feel right...!

I have seen the same color change names, At one time it was electric blue that Richard and the folks at the shop mixed together some deferent blues together is an old story I got
years ago,

Many names=TB3
Street Basin Blue
Super Blue
Corporate Blue
and my favorite..Petty Blue!!

car 003.jpg

OCT 08 006.jpg

mt.nemo 4.JPG

I opted for a 73 cricket color called "blue carib". The paint code was different than B3 but it might as well be. and yes I've had people ask if it is grabber blue.

IMG00471 (Small).jpg

Petty Blue and Basin St blue are different colors. I have the PPG numbers if interested.

bob

Hi, I am having a heck of a time with my TB3 car. Can you please provide the PPG numbers. This is my 1st post on any site. thx
Just so you know, this thread is a decade old and Bob hasn't been on here for a year.

Somebody told me that it was called corporate blue? Whats the difference?
B3 or PPG 2423 "Basin Street Blue" was offered on 1972-1973 Plymouths. This is also sometimes called "Petty Blue".
"Corporate blue" is just the blue Chrysler used for many years, but very few cars were painted that color as far as I know. The fender tags on the '70 Superbirds painted this color said "999" for color. The PPG code is 12785.

Just so you know, this thread is a decade old and Bob hasn't been on here for a year.
Wow I just noticed that too! After you pointed it out of course. Lol I'm bad about read these old threads and not looking at dates Haha guess it dont really matter it may help someone out that doesnt scroll that far back.

Some of the older threads are the best threads, from a simpler and memorable fabo

-
Back