• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 fury super stocker red dash?

harleydodgeman

Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
From what i have found online, the correct red for a 64 fury dash would be the color ruby, color code P. Is this correct?

I noticed that super stock door panels come as crimson red, and other misc interior parts as bright red, or med. red, etc. I am not quite ready to put interior in my 64 super stocker yet, but would like to get the dash painted so i can install windshield. just don't want to get down the road and have the wrong color of red for the dash and it won't match up to the crimson red or other reds.

sorry for the length just wanted to see if anyone out there could verify that what I have found is correct? Maybe someone who has a red interior already could tell me what they used? Thanks

The dash should be body color.

So basically whatever color of red was used on the exterior is the same for the interior? Is this true for black or white cars that came with a red interior?

unless this is a fury-specific thing, I have not heard of dashes being body color. Generally a early b-body dash color is listed a separate paint code that matches the upholstery.

I think what Zach is saying is that the PP-1 Ruby color that is listed for a 64 could be used for the body or dash or both if it were a ruby on ruby car.

Attachments

• 1964-plymouth-pc.jpg
    1964-plymouth-pc.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 584
Ok.. i think i understand..My car will be black with red interior when complete. So if I paint my dash the ruby color , that should match the rest of the red upholstery that i will get from legendary auto in the future? Thanks for all the input .

Thanks Hitit, thats what I was trying to say, although very poorly.

The dash was a two tone,The ruby red would be the lower part,from where the dash rolls down!The top would be a flaten red color,sort of a very fine wrinkle finish on the top.It was to reduce the glare of the sun.

on my 64 dodge it is a texture red top and a regular red bottom

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 438
Good to know! this is the first i have ever heard of a two tone on the dash but it does make sense. Do either of you guys know if that textured flat red on top is the same ruby red.. just dulled out? Or is it a special color & paint in itself? Appreciate all the good knowledge once again.

The paint is matte when the car did not come with a padded vinyl dash pad.

Just an additional note, I think all the S/S cars had the red interior however the carpets were black, I did mine red and think it would look better black and will change it someday. make sure when you are getting carpets if you are doing a true S/S interior you don't get replacement carpet or the rear section will be too short, most suppliers can get it cut long for you to reach the rear panel. If some one comes up with the dash combination, I'll be watching, I need to repaint mine but not sure what it should look like.

Johnfrmtx,

Thanks for the input.. I dont want to change the subject of the thread but i have heard that a true S/S interior had black carpet as well.. however, i see a lot with red. Are you for sure they had black carpet? I would really like to make it look as true to a S/S as i can with what i have. Also what about a headliner?? Were they the off white color in a S/S car?

Back to the dash though, If i want to make it look like a S/S dash, would it have a dash pad on it? I have one that i think would look cool but don't want to take away from the S/S look.

Johnfrmtx,

Thanks for the input.. I dont want to change the subject of the thread but i have heard that a true S/S interior had black carpet as well.. however, i see a lot with red. Are you for sure they had black carpet? I would really like to make it look as true to a S/S as i can with what i have. Also what about a headliner?? Were they the off white color in a S/S car?

Back to the dash though, If i want to make it look like a S/S dash, would it have a dash pad on it? I have one that i think would look cool but don't want to take away from the S/S look.

to sum things up, yes factory lightweight S/S max wedges came with black carpet and no jute under it, they also came with off-white headliners, i found mine rolled up and zip tied under the back seat,

As far as padded dash on super stock models believe it or not they were a factory option as you can see on my Chrylser report, even padded dash cars had the top of the dash matted red.. excuse the crapy dash photo, that was the day my max wedge came home!

Attachments

• . 031.jpg
    . 031.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 422
  • .. 044.jpg
    .. 044.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 421
  • fender tag decode 1964 dodge 330..JPG
    fender tag decode 1964 dodge 330..JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 380
Thats a cool dodge you got there and neat that the paperwork is still with it! Is your car a rear seat delete also? i have heard that the rear seat delete cars used a special package tray as well since there wasn't a backseat, but i don't know that for sure.

Quite the color combinations they had back then. So basically black carpet , off-white headliner, and red everything else. Hard to believe that all those different colors in the same spot can look so cool!

So... , would everyone agree that it is safe to paint my dash with ruby red (PP-1 code) to achieve the correct color to match the rest of the interior? Do you guys think a flat clear over the red on top would give it a similar look as the factory? I am going to run my dash pad i decided. I appreciate all the advice

Thats a cool dodge you got there and neat that the paperwork is still with it! Is your car a rear seat delete also? i have heard that the rear seat delete cars used a special package tray as well since there wasn't a backseat, but i don't know that for sure.

Quite the color combinations they had back then. So basically black carpet , off-white headliner, and red everything else. Hard to believe that all those different colors in the same spot can look so cool!

So... , would everyone agree that it is safe to paint my dash with ruby red (PP-1 code) to achieve the correct color to match the rest of the interior? Do you guys think a flat clear over the red on top would give it a similar look as the factory? I am going to run my dash pad i decided. I appreciate all the advice

mine has the rear seat,
rear seat delete didn't come until late 64 with the hemi cars..

Good to know! this is the first i have ever heard of a two tone on the dash but it does make sense. Do either of you guys know if that textured flat red on top is the same ruby red.. just dulled out? Or is it a special color & paint in itself? Appreciate all the good knowledge once again.

I know the dash pad area is slightly darker shade of red than the lower area of the panel. And it is a matte finish also for glare.

Do you guys think a flat clear over the red on top would give it a similar look as the factory? I am going to run my dash pad i decided. I appreciate all the advice

The flat paint was only used on cars without the dash pad. So you either want to do the flat paint OR the dashpad if you you are going for a factory looking combination.

I think a flat clear coat would be close enough in my opinion.

So.. if i run the dash pad, the dash will be all gloss ruby ?

if i choose not to run a dash pad, bottom portion to curve will be gloss ruby and top will by flat darker red?

The top where the speaker grille is, is the only portion of the top that will be seen if using a dash pad and it should be glossy.

Auto Transport Service
Back