1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

1969 F-100 in Czech republic (

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2021, 12:28 PM
tripleframe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 304 Likes on 213 Posts
Originally Posted by FilipK
Acording to the Marti report, the truck was produced on 22 November 1968.
Early standard models did get the painted grill, but, many back in the day, went to the parts dept and ordered a brand new aluminum grill to keep up with the Jones's. Found a color photo of a '68 when brand new. Still hard to tell about the color of bumper, but, top edge of hood shares same direct sunlight with bumper.

Old 11-25-2021, 12:48 PM
FilipK
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And i will ask like a dummy. What is the difference between 68 and 69? I know that 69 model year can be made in 68 but how do i tell that its really a 69? Sorry for stupid questions like this but its the first time that i started to dig into pickups.

So the grill should propably be aluminium?

The pickup itself is New lime acording to the door tag.

Old 11-25-2021, 01:00 PM
FilipK
New User
Just found it on fordification.com through the consecutive unit numbers chart. Its 69 model made in 68

Old 11-25-2021, 02:51 PM
tripleframe
Fleet Mechanic
What is the difference between 68 and 69?
The pickup itself is New lime acording to the door tag.
'68 has the " 16 floating bars" all lines are solid on '69. Could be black trim paint deleted for '69 base models. My mistake on earlier thinking the body was Wimbledon White. The first photo on this thread looked like it was Wimbledon White with a repainted gloss white grill and bumper. Looking at the inside, it does appear to be a very whitish light green color. Here is a fairly new '68 F 250 with Wimbledon White grill and bumper with a much darker green body. ( grill and bumper match the wheel color also)

Old 11-25-2021, 03:12 PM
FilipK
New User
Okay! Thanks for the info! It look good as it is right now so i will leave it that way. I will just figure out what the color of the headliner and sunwisers should be and then i need to buy the west coast jr mirrors.

The interior trim is 3 F100/350 Custom Cab Pastel parchment Corinthian vinyl and pastel parchment woven thong repeat vinyl

Can wait to start working on the car

Old 11-29-2021, 02:33 PM
FilipK
New User
Took a look at the truck on weekend.
The grille was repainted by one of the previous owners. Took out the headliner. In the corners of it there is a green color (i assume the headliner was green some while back) so we bought green cloth and we will use the old board which is fine and we will make a "custom" headliner ourselves.
Now iam trying to get my head around the interior trims of these trucks. i cant find the exact specification of the interior anywhere. I assume the sun visors should be black? Or green like the rest of the interior?
I cleaned the dash pad and it dark green (it seemed like black under all the junk there was on it ).

Also the clutch is gone so i will be ordering a new one. Otherwise everything looks solid and there are no major leaks on anything.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:12 AM
cstoyer
Tuned
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Very nice truck you have there.

CStoyer

Old 12-01-2021, 09:25 PM
F10B1317
Tuned
Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Took a look at the truck on weekend.
The grille was repainted by one of the previous owners. Took out the headliner. In the corners of it there is a green color (i assume the headliner was green some while back) so we bought green cloth and we will use the old board which is fine and we will make a "custom" headliner ourselves.
Now iam trying to get my head around the interior trims of these trucks. i cant find the exact specification of the interior anywhere. I assume the sun visors should be black? Or green like the rest of the interior?
I cleaned the dash pad and it dark green (it seemed like black under all the junk there was on it ).
Sounds like you got a real nice one!

I think the visors were white or off-white to match the original fiberboard headliner with painted white headliner trim The higher trim models might have matched the dash or interior color when the headliner trim was chrome. I don't think they were black unless it was a black interior. I've only seen exact repros are white as that seems to be the most common for 67-69.

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/tru...ed-white---p65

Stock interiors doors have some good matching color options too.

As far as decent documentation on interior, this article has some info:
Identifying 1967-1972 Ford Pickups - Page 1 of 2 - FORDification.com

Old 12-02-2021, 03:04 PM
FilipK
New User
Originally Posted by Steve Mellen
Sounds like you got a real nice one!

I think the visors were white or off-white to match the original fiberboard headliner with painted white headliner trim The higher trim models might have matched the dash or interior color when the headliner trim was chrome. I don't think they were black unless it was a black interior. I've only seen exact repros are white as that seems to be the most common for 67-69.

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/tru...ed-white---p65

Stock interiors doors have some good matching color options too.

As far as decent documentation on interior, this article has some info:
Identifying 1967-1972 Ford Pickups - Page 1 of 2 - FORDification.com
Thank you for that info! I will see what we will do with it. I like the idea of black sun visors.

Iam now looking that the truck had 8.25x15 tires from the factory and it converts to either 225/75 R15 or 235/75 R15...now there are offroad tires 31x10.5 R15...Thats something like 265/75 R15, right? I will go with a bit smaller tires. It looks good now but i think that the 235/75 R15 will be a better choice.

Also i havent had any luck finding the west coast jr mirrors anywhere. So i will propably use something like this:

Old 12-03-2021, 11:35 PM
Obscure69
Laughing Gas
Received 201 Likes on 143 Posts
Hey, congrats on a really nice truck. I'm from Sweden, and I imported my '67 F100 about 5 years ago. It is in much worse shape than yours, but slowly getting put back together (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...f-big-red.html) - I changed username a couple of months ago, so it looks a bit strange, but anyway...

For buying parts here in Europe, I recommend you try American Classic Parts in Germany (https://www.american-classic-parts.com/) - all communication is done in German, but Google-Translate works pretty well, and shipping is much cheaper...

Here's a mirror for €70: https://www.american-classic-parts.c...uer-rh-oder-lh

Old 12-04-2021, 03:23 AM
FilipK
New User
Originally Posted by Obscure69
Hey, congrats on a really nice truck. I'm from Sweden, and I imported my '67 F100 about 5 years ago. It is in much worse shape than yours, but slowly getting put back together (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...f-big-red.html) - I changed username a couple of months ago, so it looks a bit strange, but anyway...

For buying parts here in Europe, I recommend you try American Classic Parts in Germany (https://www.american-classic-parts.com/) - all communication is done in German, but Google-Translate works pretty well, and shipping is much cheaper...

Here's a mirror for €70: https://www.american-classic-parts.c...uer-rh-oder-lh

Thanks! I will take a look. I try to order as much things as i can from Rockauto. I will check these pages.

Also that Saab that you have is amazing! I love Saabs and i want one

I will ho with those mirrors that you sent. I will either order them from ebay or here from the germany.

Thanks

Old 12-04-2021, 04:44 PM
tripleframe
Fleet Mechanic
Also i havent had any luck finding the west coast jr mirrors anywhere. So i will propably use something like this:
Above type of mirrors are safer than the western type, but were never offered in the '67-'72 era. Another possibility is the painted version of the "camper special type" mirrors. These are similar to the popular stainless type in post #19, but the mirror head is different. Mirror head is older clamp on style and can be lowered to the very bottom position to give a much safer " below eye line setting. Photo shows this type of painted mirror assembly with mirror head is in the normal middle positon. Beware, this type can damage your door if you hit an object.

Old 12-07-2021, 02:19 PM
FilipK
New User
I would prefer the West coast jr style like these ones:

The only problem is that there not such a thing as new ones and on Ebay there are none. I found ones that look good, but they dont ship to Czech republic. I contacted the seller about the dimensions of them and if they will fit, i will order them through a company in the CZ.
( https://www.ebay.com/itm/29460394345...kAAOSwkalhgYS2 )

I already received couple packages from RockAuto so the work can start

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-09-2021, 06:54 AM
tripleframe
Fleet Mechanic
I would prefer the West coast jr style like these ones:
I found ones that look good, but they dont ship to Czech republic. I contacted the seller about the dimensions of them and if they will fit, i will order them through a company in the CZ.
( https://www.ebay.com/itm/29460394345...kAAOSwkalhgYS2 )
Those are the dealer installed " accessory type " jr. west coast Ford mirrors. The factory installed jr west coast have a different door attachment and mirror attachment system. Either one is correct though, but door holes are in different locations

Old 12-12-2021, 08:13 AM
FilipK
New User
Originally Posted by tripleframe
Those are the dealer installed " accessory type " jr. west coast Ford mirrors. The factory installed jr west coast have a different door attachment and mirror attachment system. Either one is correct though, but door holes are in different locations
Someone outbid me on those but i found another ones. Its crazy that they cost 400 dollars... So Rotunda mirrors were accessory type ones and fomoco script ones were installed from factory? Is that correct?

Thanks

Quick Reply: 1969 F-100 in Czech republic (