1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Truck made it into VINTAGE TRUCK MAGAZINE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2023, 11:21 AM
22truckie
Mountain Pass
Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts
Truck made it into VINTAGE TRUCK MAGAZINE!

I am happy to announce in this issue of VINTAGE TRUCK MAGAZINE that my rare 1962 F250 with the industrial 262 inline six and Clark heavy duty 5 speed with overdrive is a featured truck! A tone of cleaning went into bringing the old girl back and am very proud of it making it into the premier collector truck magazine. Thank you Brad!!! (editor).
You can look up my progress on the truck here by searching F250 with 262 6 cylinder.

The following 10 users liked this post by 22truckie:
Old 12-28-2023, 12:26 PM
RB-1963-F250
Cross-Country
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Nice truck with an interesting drivetrain. Having a T98 4 speed, I can see the desire for the overdrive 5-speed, tho I'm not at all familiar with the Clark unit mentioned.

Old 12-28-2023, 03:41 PM
22truckie
Mountain Pass
Thank you. It is an amazing story with the documentation extremely in-depth. If you are not familiar with the publication it is an excellent magazine and worth subscribing to. It took an extensive amount of work to bring the old girl back. She is completely untouched except for the repaint on the two passenger panels. Engine never touched down to hoses, fan belts and rare cooling plate under the 1 barrel carb. Everything points to this being the only one made with this drive train. Having 17.5” 1 peace steel wheels from the factory is quite rare as well. Finding tires for them is almost impossible today. I will be getting a period set from Coker this coming year as these that are on it are pretty old. Shift pattern on the Clark is pretty crazy. They were industrial transmissions used in heavy commercial rigs just like the 262 was

The following 3 users liked this post by 22truckie:
Old 12-29-2023, 07:52 AM
sean z
Mountain Pass
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Congratulations! Your truck deserves it. Go 262s!

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-29-2023, 09:37 AM
Grampa69
More Turbo
Received 197 Likes on 142 Posts
Yes! Congratulations. I love reading about things like this. It's one major reason I read this forum.
I'm now even more motivated to get my 64 in better condition now.

Old 12-29-2023, 08:17 PM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,472 Likes on 1,411 Posts
Congratulations! I always love a great story in the magazines, and having one this close to home is really cool.
Your post didn't indicate which month issue the magazine was, but another FTE member from the 48-56 forum has his truck featured in the Feb, 24 issue, too. Another fun story, in case anyone is interested, and certainly not intended to take away or hijack. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...pictorial.html

Old 12-29-2023, 09:32 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,692 Likes on 1,492 Posts
Truckie, congratulations on making it into Vintage Truck. It is the premier truck magazine, no radically customized trucks built by professionals.

I, too, am proud of my truck gracing the pages of Vintage Truck in the January/February issue.

Old 12-30-2023, 12:28 AM
22truckie
Mountain Pass
That’s AWSOME! That is one beautiful truck you have!! Yes it is a HUGE honor to be in that fantastic publication. Small world! Brad is the best. Great guy to work with. He will be putting my other vintage truck in it next year ( have to wait one year between publications from same owner). Congrats to you! Old trucks rule!

Old 12-30-2023, 12:34 AM
22truckie
Mountain Pass
52Merc, it is in the Jan/Feb issue of 2024. Thanks for the interest. We love this old girl. Her work days are over. She is spoiled rotten in a heated garage!

Old 12-30-2023, 12:40 AM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Originally Posted by 22truckie
That’s AWSOME! That is one beautiful truck you have!! Yes it is a HUGE honor to be in that fantastic publication. Small world! Brad is the best. Great guy to work with. He will be putting my other vintage truck in it next year ( have to wait one year between publications from same owner). Congrats to you! Old trucks rule!
Brad is a good guy and a great professional photographer. Dan Perkins, who wrote the story, spoke to me on the phone for over an hour. He's a Ford truck guy too. His truck was in the November/December issue. It was an orange 77 F350 flatbed dump.

I liked the story of your truck. And I love Vintage truck. What your other truck?

Old 12-30-2023, 12:55 AM
22truckie
Mountain Pass
1967 Jeep Super Wagoneer. They made for 3 years, just over 1,000 made total. In 1967 they made just over 400 in the 4 colors offered, blue red white and a yellow ( Prairie Gold). They made 37 in that color in total production. Five exist today. Mine is one of those 5. It was in a barn for 40 years. Is untouched and is the best survivor Super Wagoneer out there today, less than 100 total said to remain. Mine is known around the world. They are extremely collectible. I have been approached many times to sell it for crazy crazy money. Almost done bringing it back to life. Never sell it. Very proud of it. See it next year

Old 12-30-2023, 08:43 AM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

I can't wait to see that, even if it isn't a Ford.

Old 12-30-2023, 09:05 AM
22truckie
Mountain Pass
I have pictures of it when it was dragged out. They rust out horribly but this one has no rust anywhere. I spent months cleaning the underside. It’s amazing now. Had original shocks hoses fan belts and date coded plug wires still on it. Virtually all trim is unobtaniumb glass even has a special tinting. Interior all original, near mint. Even the carpeting. Is the first true SUV. Interior is one of the prettiest you will ever see. More expensive than a Cadillac! They are beautiful. Google it!

Old 12-30-2023, 10:01 AM
skidoorulz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 117 Likes on 80 Posts
Congratulations. Survivors are rare in pickups.

I had a man walk up to our 64 at a car show. He took dozens of pictures and walked away. I said to my wife that was odd. Usually someone who is interested enough to take a bunch of pictures will ask some questions. About a half hour later the man shows up again and takes more pictures and the next thing I know he is under the truck taking pictures. After he crawled out he came back and asked if we owned it. I replied yes. And then he asked what I knew about the truck or did I buy it this way. I told him I knew everything there was to know about it and all the documentation I had on it from the order sheet to the build sheet to the letter from Ford welcoming my wife's mom and dad to the Ford family since they ordered it in 63 and that my son and I did 90% of the restoration. (They weren't new to Ford, they traded in a 56 Crown Vic for the pickup) He held out his hand and introduced himself as Loren Hoekema. He said he was a writer for Vintage Truck and that we had a beautiful truck and he would like to do a story on it if it would be OK. I just as serious as I could be said nah I am not interested. I thought he was going to fall over. I then said If he thought it was good enough to be in a magazine I would be ok with it. It was supposed to be on the cover of the May June 2019 issue but as they were going to publication the original Ford that was to be featured in the Ford fan section the owner of it backed out of letting it be shown and they had to fill the spot. So mine went from the cover vehicle to the Ford fan spot. That was okay as it was still shown. A side note to this story. Tomorrow December 31 2023 is 60 years to the day that My wife's dad and mom drove the pickup off the dealer lot. It currently has 99984 miles on the odometer

The following 3 users liked this post by skidoorulz:
Old 12-30-2023, 10:38 AM
22truckie
Mountain Pass
I remember reading about your truck. Beautiful!! The best part is that it has always been in your family. I wish mine was that way but we will put our stamp on its history. Congratulations on many levels!! People who have had their truck in the publication are coming out of the woodwork! Anybody else??

abe

Quick Reply: Truck made it into VINTAGE TRUCK MAGAZINE!