Model Cars Magazine Forum

1972 Ford Thunderbird

realgone58

Well, I decided to fix up that old Otaki kit that I had in the trade section. Here it is. I thought it was a little bigger than 1/24, but I did the scale conversion and it's actually right on. I finished it in correct Burgundy Fire metallic (aka Red Moondust), with a matching satin Burgundy interior. I wish I could find a set of door handles for it. Guess it wouldn't be hard to scratch the handles out of sheet styrene, foil them and stick them in the top half of the handle cutouts. It's a curbside, and the white walls are Vinyl Nation.

e%2520kits%252072%2520tbird%25203.JPG

e%2520kits%252072%2520tbird%25201.JPG

e%2520kits%252072%2520tbird%25202.JPG

e%2520kits%252072%2520tbird%25204.JPG

e%2520kits%252072%2520tbird%25208.JPG

Very nice! Sad to see it listed on evil bay.... Too bad I'm broke, or I'd scoop it off your hands...

I know. I thought about keeping it, but it's just too big to fit in scale with the 1/25 ones. It measures out at 1/24 actually, but still looks too big. It's out of proportion somehow. Don't get me wrong, it looks great by itself, but up against the others, the size difference sticks out like a sore thumb.