Arravani Gray

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomMoloughney

There haven't been any good pictures of one in Arravani Gray and I just found a couple:
1147645_4530465438574_1765518300_o.jpg

1167609_4530464718556_2068349400_o.jpg

I've got an 'appointment' at my local dealer tomorrow at 10am to place my order so I'm currently deciding on final spec and Arravani Gray is probably the colour I'm going for too so I've also been looking for non-marketing pics. Here are some I've found, not brilliant but....

9552193080_dba1c94d14_b.jpg

9583568288_65f828d709_o.jpg

9583592058_5dd8c1093e_o.jpg

9580825259_a2b1578646_o.jpg

When it was cammoed this colour looked awful, but now fully revealed it looks really great and its probably my favourite colour with the blue inserts (not my most favourite feature!)

Is that a Right Hand Drive Car 4th picture down - or a flipped LHD.

If it is a RHD I'd love to see some more photos of it.

AndyW said:
Great to see some pics in natural light, thanks. Is that non-metallic, that colour?

Yes its non metallic ..... in the UK its a no cost option ........along with white.

Obviously BMW thinks shows off the car well otherwise they won't have used it in so many initial customer events.

It does make the car look sporty (if that's a word).

Parker said:

I'm fairly sure this is a RHD car which was used on a training day for the UK dealership sales guys. I know this because my local dealer showed me a powerpoint he had with a load of photos that he'd taken of the same car when he was down at Bracknell learning about the i3.

One thing I did notice in the pics that I saw was that the drive selector stalk thingy (whatever it's called) was still on the right hand side of the wheel even for a RHD car. Not sure if that's new info to anyone or not but I was expecting that on the left hand side of the steering wheel (like the gear lever usually is).

Plug said:
Parker said:

I'm fairly sure this is a RHD car which was used on a training day for the UK dealership sales guys. I know this because my local dealer showed me a powerpoint he had with a load of photos that he'd taken of the same car when he was down at Bracknell learning about the i3.

One thing I did notice in the pics that I saw was that the drive selector stalk thingy (whatever it's called) was still on the right hand side of the wheel even for a RHD car. Not sure if that's new info to anyone or not but I was expecting that on the left hand side of the steering wheel (like the gear lever usually is).

In the old days the indicators on right hand drive cars were located on the right (I think they still are in Japan). Then some bright spark thought they could save some money by installing the LHD steering assembly on the right for RHD markets and now most RHD cars have the indicator on the left.

This money saving idea has obviously been carried over Lock Stock & Barrel for the i3 ....no real conversion to RHD at all, just moved the steering wheel over..... see my rant about the centre stack & windscreen wipers.

If production cars come like this I'll be very disappointed.

Plug said:
I've got an 'appointment' at my local dealer tomorrow at 10am to place my order so I'm currently deciding on final spec and Arravani Gray is probably the colour I'm going for too so I've also been looking for non-marketing pics. Here are some I've found, not brilliant but....

Which interior did you go with?

Have they given you a build slot / estimated delivery date?

I went with the standard interior which looks fine to me (I'm not uber-fussy) but the only disappointing thing about that is the fact that I couldn't spec the Driving Assistant Plus package which I was actually pretty keen on. I contemplated upgrading to Suite to allow me to get that (not too keen on Loft or Lodge) but I was trying not to get too carried away with the options list so I stuck to my guns. I might regret that if I keep the car for several years which is very likely if I get on ok with EV life.

When I first went in to the local dealership just over a week ago they had taken 5 orders and mentioned early January for the estimated delivery date. When I finally placed the order yesterday I was order number 10 and was given 1st February as the provisional delivery date.

I think the standard interior will look great with Arravani Grey.

Its the only colour combo (IMO) where the blue really works and actually adds something.

Using Blue as a Brand identifier is incredibly restrictive.....as BMW have found out - hence the VERY limited colour palette.

I'm a bit of a sucker for Dark cars with light interiors BUT so far all the light interiors I've had have always been leather not fabric (I shudder to think how the grey linen of Loft will look in 3 years ......and then 8!) - so I'm really very undecided.

The DAPlus option really is a great 21st Century option isn't it ......but in your case the real cost of that option is £2790 ..... because you wouldn't have bought Suite normally ......and that's an awful lot for one option.

February will be here before you know it.

Parker said:
Using Blue as a Brand identifier is incredibly restrictive.....as BMW have found out
Yeah, from some of the pics from the first page you can see how strong the blue is on the kidneys (which personally I don't like at all). I'm not normally a fan of aftermarket cosmetic addons but I think Tom's suggestion from his blog about a small vinyl wrap over the blue in this area is definitely something I'll look into if I still don't like it after seeing it 'in the flesh'.

As for the DA Plus, I'm a bit miffed about that (you can probably tell :lol: ). Same as the wheels, I think BMW have been quite sneaky by designing the standard 427 wheels to look so odd which means anyone who cares how their car looks will be wanting to upgrade £££. This is the first BMW I've bought so maybe this is normal but I'm not used to such skullduggery !

Anyway, I'll leave it there as not to stray too far from the topic.

Plug said:
Same as the wheels, I think BMW have been quite sneaky by designing the standard 427 wheels to look so odd which means anyone who cares how their car looks will be wanting to upgrade £££.

I'm sure the only time you'll see the standard wheels will be on factory test cars ...... and company cars where they can't add any extra's at all.

They really are wilfully unattractive.

Parker said:
Plug said:
Same as the wheels, I think BMW have been quite sneaky by designing the standard 427 wheels to look so odd which means anyone who cares how their car looks will be wanting to upgrade £££.

I'm sure the only time you'll see the standard wheels will be on factory test cars ...... and company cars where they can't add any extra's at all.

They really are wilfully unattractive.

I've spoken to program managers about the standard wheels. They were designed with maximum efficiency in mind. The flat surface reduces drag. Efficiency and aero was a factor in all of the wheel designs, but it took a higher rank with the stock ones for sure

Not a bad colour combo!

Wish Solar orange had a black interior option.

Back to wheels - my bro in law has done aerodynamics work on aircraft (BAE and Airbus) as well as jaguar and he recommends the plain versions.

Indeed my own car has magnesium wheels but they are covered in boring looking but Aero designed plastic and ally covers:

http://static.classistatic.de/imagegallery/audi/a2/audi-a2-aud_a2_02_12_tdi_test_2.jpg

Even the Ecopia tyres have special miniture fins on the tyre walls to improve the Cd !

ecoangel said:
Back to wheels - my bro in law has done aerodynamics work on aircraft (BAE and Airbus) as well as jaguar and he recommends the plain versions.

I think the standard wheels painted black with some colour combos could look pretty good.

Back