• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Which Tint on Audi A3 Dolphin Grey

Which Tint?

• Midnight Express

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Octane

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ahdenny

Hey guys I cant make up my mind on which tint to get from Tint A Car. I have an Audi A3 Dolphin Grey. I have narrowed it down to, Midnight Express and Octane. The Midnight Express is a Charcoal Black color and the Octane is a Black color tint. Does Anyone have any pictures so i could compare? Or which color would you guys pick?

Our A3 is Dolphin Grey with a medium tint, and frankly to my taste both those tints are way too dark.
But if you must choose I would go with the less dark Midnight.
Get your glass tested first as I think there is a slight tint in the glass from the factory.
So that combined with "darkest legal" tint would push you into illegality.

Midnight Express for sure. As Wallaby said, make sure the glass doesn't already have a tint, or if it does that you know what it is, as you don't want to get a canary sticker for an illegal tint...

I didn't use tint-a-car but the tint on my old Dolphin Grey A3 was certainly more black.
I had 35% at the front to keep it legal and 20% for the rest, think it looked great!

8859868077_ee5e31eea0_b.jpg

I would go the midnight express. But tint prices these days are exorbitantly way too high. I got mine done for $179 at the end of last year sometime. I also have a DG S3, and i just went with the darkest legal possible, which is these days 35% iirc. There's some pics of my tint here on this thread http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/a3-s3-rs3/31293-pics-your-a3-s3-11.html and also there's a couple of other DG ones there too. Have a look at the others to give you an idea and PM the ones you like to get more info. The legal percentage seems to be getting lighter and lighter over the years. I would go for 25% all round if it were possible. My tints aren't as dark as they appear in the pics by the way.

I would go the midnight express. But tint prices these days are exorbitantly way too high. I got mine done for $179 at the end of last year sometime. I also have a DG S3, and i just went with the darkest legal possible, which is these days 35% iirc. There's some pics of my tint here on this thread http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/a3-s3-rs3/31293-pics-your-a3-s3-11.html and also there's a couple of other DG ones there too. Have a look at the others to give you an idea and PM the ones you like to get more info. The legal percentage seems to be getting lighter and lighter over the years. I would go for 25% all round if it were possible. My tints aren't as dark as they appear in the pics by the way.

35% is only for the front windows, you can go darker in the rears (although reversing at night is difficult with my 20%).

Back