97 Mark VIII LSC

Blkdvl

Founding Fathers
Established Member
Picked up a '97 LSC a few weeks back. Outside is Silver Frost with Light Graphite leather interior. Bone stock with 43k miles. I picked it up for $3400 with ALL maintenance records. I am the third owner.

Yesterday I finally got around to having the mufflers knocked off of it, but kept the factory tips. Here's a quick vid. Tell me what you think.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5iUudnn2_c"]YouTube- Lincoln Mark VIII LSC[/ame]

Last edited:

Blkdvl

Founding Fathers
Established Member
Took some pictures today, and another exhaust clip of the silver bullet. Future mods include sensor lowering, and powder coating the valve covers in spring.

DSCN1734.jpg

DSCN1742.jpg

DSCN1745.jpg

DSCN1741.jpg

[ame=http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/blkdvl/The%20Mark/?action=view&current=MarkVIIIExhaust-1.flv]
th_MarkVIIIExhaust-1.jpg
[/ame]

Last edited:

JasonSnake

Established Member
Dude I hate you!! I want one of these bad but looks like I'll have to wait until summer. I would love to find one with a sunroof as well.

That LSC looks spankin' clean!

edit: In my opinion, I think you should do a full custom exhaust instead of chopping stuff off. The popular mod is using a Magnaflow dual in / dual out muffler in the center (replaces the 3rd cat) and using two high flow cats and all 2.25 or 2.5" tubing throughout.

Last edited:

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
damn $3400's pretty cheap even if 12 yrs old. car's clean

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I've seen them cheaper. For whatever reason they have horrible resale. Great car.

You've seen a 40K mile, stock, great condition one go for less than 3,400? Please share! I've been looking for a black one on ebay for a while now and ones with that low of mileage go for minimum 7K.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
very nice, if you plan on having fun do the j mod, replace the accum springs and put a trans cooler on it.

Also, fuel pumps are known to go bad.

edit, that sounds good for just having no mufflers.

Last edited:

Blkdvl

Founding Fathers
Established Member
Thank you guys for all the comments. Yeah, I love this car. It took me a little while to deal with the styling, but the real seller for me is the engine. Mmmm DOHC. To me, the car w/o mufflers and factory exhaust sounds like a Termi with o/r xpipe and mufflers. I have a very limited budget due to the economy and having a (almost) 2 year old, so the mods have to be 'half assed' but classy lol. I'm thinking I want the exhaust just a tad louder, along the lines of removing the third cat and putting an xpipe in its place.

I don't know about you guys, but I think paying $3400 for a car with 40k miles, all maintanence records, fully loaded, and on a vehicle who's sticker was $42,000.....is not a "pretty good deal", but @#$%^%$ SWEET DEAL!!!

moot09

Established Member
My tech teacher bought one and had us strip it out and when we deflated the air ride it looked pretty cool slammed

BittenInBama

Established Member
Great buy! i've always liked the Mk VIIIs.
Only hate it when people get them that don't pay attention to them...they get the tires changed and have wheels on one side going opposite directions. Don't realize they are side specific. Looks so lame.

ZD302GT

Zach
Established Member
Id keep the valve covers the way they are and maybe just lose those plastic pieces. and maybe put on a cobra intake manifold if that is possible.

M3xpress

Established Member
Congrats, sounds like an awesome deal.

I remember when I was little my Dad got one back when it was new, and I thought it was pretty cool then.

Users who are viewing this thread