New Project: Bimini Blue Notch

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
I've been out of the Mustang game since I sold my '03 Cobra (awful decision) and today that hiatus came to an end. I check Craigslist every day for "Mustang 5.0" hoping that a clean notch will come up and last night was the night that the search results returned a winner - "1991 Mustang 5.0 Coupe". I opened the ad and saw that it was a Bimini Blue Coupe, mileage was listed at 67,500, but I had my doubts that it was accurate.

I went to see the car this afternoon and told myself to be selective and only take it home if it was VERY nice. I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw...

AC41C337-1D8F-4926-9FD5-EB42B91BDA26_zps4682ccda.jpg

406FB3A2-0236-493D-85CA-C4EBAAD9BBBF_zpswvwg4uuo.jpg

762F5BD3-D3E2-47E6-AF85-C06384BE8614_zpso1dsywuv.jpg

C5B0DE28-9B03-46C2-965D-595AF37F4704_zps0bweqfc3.jpg

E8803BE8-87E0-4EDB-8B60-71B7221066B0_zpsdcxviezf.jpg

All vin stickers are in place (and match). I can't tell if the paint is original or not, but if I had to guess I would say yes. Mileage is accurate at 67,3XX - the title and Carfax support this. It's got some mild mods - full exhaust, shifter, distributor/wires, etc. The engine hasn't been opened up tho and she runs well with cold A/C to boot.

I couldn't be happier and can't wait to build her into my dream notch.

The seller was very cool and easy to deal with. I'm sure most of us have had plenty of nightmare Craigslist experiences, but he was as stand-up as they come which made for an easy transaction. I am going back to pickup the car tomorrow morning, but I couldn't wait to share my excitement with my fellow SVTP'ers. :banana:

99arboC

Established Member
Wow Nice score! Looks really clean and a very nice starting point for a project.

03cobraracer

Established Member
yeah I couldn't believe you sold your car when you did. but congrats on the notch! looks stupid clean and I hope to have another one some day. Either that or a 93 cobra

19935.slow

Established Member
Very clean example, hope the seller asked a realistic price under 6k. You got a nice car regardless.

99BlownVert

Established Member
Very clean example, hope the seller asked a realistic price under 6k. You got a nice car regardless.

LOL 6k is not realistic on a car like this, 6k would be a steal. Foxes are going up like crazy and with miles like that 8k would be the low end for it. Some deals are out there, this one may have been one of those but low mile clean title coupes are becoming harder and harder to find.

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I wish...

What did you get it for ? (price)

Somewhere in the range of pricing listed in these two posts above and below.

LOL 6k is not realistic on a car like this, 6k would be a steal. Foxes are going up like crazy and with miles like that 8k would be the low end for it. Some deals are out there, this one may have been one of those but low mile clean title coupes are becoming harder and harder to find.

This.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Awesome man. I to got myself a fox notch as a project and I'm selling my cobra. Mine is a little rougher then that. Ex 4 cyl that's getting a carb'd 351.

TClark22

Established Member
We know selling the cobra was a aweful idea :) we told you so!

Knowing how clean the cobra was...your Fox build will be nothing less.

Whats the plans for it? You should definitely put a Coyote in it.

19935.slow

Established Member
I bought a bone stock mint, like new, and all paper work for less than 7k, I will say that much. 50k original miles. It is a lx hatch. Not to knock op because there is a butt for every seat, but after owning a few people try to sell these like they are gold, probably why most sit in craigslist termoil.

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
I bought a bone stock mint, like new, and all paper work for less than 7k, I will say that much. 50k original miles. It is a lx hatch. Not to knock op because there is a butt for every seat, but after owning a few people try to sell these like they are gold, probably why most sit in craigslist termoil.

Key word here is "hatch". Apples to oranges my man...

Plans for now are 5 lug swap, cobra brakes upfront and I'm thinking a set of silver/anthracite bullitt wheels would look sharp on her.

Users who are viewing this thread