Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted member 995608

Looking at a truck with True Blue. Not my favorite, but it's not too bad to look at. I am a little worried about dirt and scratches.

Deleted member 995608 , Dec 21, 2015
  2. HPSimpson TDR MEMBER

View attachment 94113 ]I have that True Blue Pearl coat on 1500 Eco Diesel like all others sure gets dirty but way better than black paint.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    HPSimpson , Dec 21, 2015
  3. EDankievitch TDR MEMBER

I've got the dark blue it's as bad as black shows everything. If I could have gotten the true blue I would have. The one's i've seen on the road seem to stay cleaner looking much longer than mine.

EDankievitch , Dec 22, 2015
  4. Deleted member 995608

The *true blue* looks a little purple to me. But then again, I've never seen one in person either.

Deleted member 995608 , Dec 22, 2015
  5. SnoKing TDR MEMBER

I think Blue Streak looks better of the two blues. SNOKING

SnoKing , Dec 22, 2015
  6. HPSimpson TDR MEMBER

Yes I wonder how long would stay clean since I already have white truck, thought would be much better since True Blue Pearl was only blue Ram offer at the time .

HPSimpson , Dec 22, 2015
  7. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

I like white! Truck is dirty in pic. Really liked the electric blue on the 2nd gen's.

IMG_3566.jpg #ad

IMG_3566.jpg #ad

Cummins12V98 , Dec 22, 2015
  8. gsbrockman

Intense Blue was the color of the 2nd GEN RAM pickups.
    Electric Blue appeared on the 3rd GEN RAM pickups for the first time in 2007.

I loved my 2007.5 RAM 3500 MegaCab Laramie 4x4 SRW in Electric Blue.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

gsbrockman , Dec 22, 2015
  9. TCollier

I've got the "True Blue" Pearl Coat. It's more of a deep navy or midnight blue. I think post#2 is "Blue Streak" which I almost chose but it was too close to the "Atlantic Blue Pearl" of my 06. I wanted something different but I like blue trucks. It is pretty much the same chore as keeping a black truck/car clean. You'll have a beautiful truck when it's clean. It's almost as bad as the black 4Runner my wife had. The metal flake helps some which her 4Runner had none. But it's not as easy as that Atlantic Blue Pearl was on my 06 with looking clean even when it's not. The color does change with different sunlight, overcast or streetlights. I haven't seen any purple but at times it almost looks black.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
    TCollier , Dec 23, 2015
  10. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
    I like white! Truck is dirty in pic. Really liked the electric blue on the 2nd gen's.
    Intense Blue was the color of the 2nd GEN RAM pickups.
    Electric Blue appeared on the 3rd GEN RAM pickups for the first time in 2007.

Thanks, Like the second and third gen Blue much better than the 4th gen blue.

Cummins12V98 , Dec 23, 2015
  11. Newsa

This looks like mine. But I just looked at my window sticker & it says midnight blue pearl.
    I like this color. But I would have gotten the western brown if not buying off the lot.

FB_IMG_1450881636671.jpg #ad

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
    Newsa , Dec 23, 2015
  12. photowrite TDR MEMBER

I thought the deal was made and done?

You are going to use your truck for work...white sure looks nice even with backcountry pinstriping.

Someday I'll buy something other than white, maybe a 2WD (gasp), and my wife will not believe it!

photowrite , Dec 23, 2015
  13. photowrite TDR MEMBER

Just saw your other thread regarding your buying hassles... Sorry bud, still want to see you in a new G56 truck. ;)

What is your criteria- 3500 SRW, crew cab, longbed, G56--trim??

If you can make the time the end of the year is a great time to shop and purchase!

photowrite , Dec 23, 2015
  14. TCollier

It looks like the same color. Whenever I describe it to someone I call it midnight blue. I gues they wanted to jazz up the name or something.

TCollier , Dec 23, 2015
  15. Deleted member 995608

That would be my preference. I found 1 *true blue* in Corvallis, but it sold the day after I posted this. There's 2 in Craig, Co right now, but who knows how long it will take the roads to clear for a few days. I have friends in Meeker that say the roads are pretty snowy right now.

I'd order one if I knew I could get it in 6 weeks. The plant shuts down the 24th and doesn't start again until Jan 11th. I'm figuring at least 8 weeks +.

Deleted member 995608 , Dec 23, 2015